Prologue

Two pairs of brown eyes shot open at the same time, gasps filling the quiet room. The two shot up in their coffins and their eyes found each others immediately across the room. Not paying attention to the two other men in the room they flashed to each other and held onto each other as if their lives depended on it.

After a minute and no sign that they were going to move, the man with raven hair and deadly blue eyes cleared his throat obnoxiously making them snap out of their bubble and they both slowly turned, like a predator, to said man glaring daggers at the person who dared interrupt them. But their attention quickly snapped to the two servants that had just entered the room with glasses of blood for the newly undaggered vampires. The twins shared a mischievous glance before speeding to the women and ripping into the soft flesh of their necks. The glasses were dropped instantaneously but the twins never did like to waste drinks so they caught them before they could hit the ground.

No less than a mere minute later their victims were on the floor, dead, without a single drop of blood left in their bodies. They looked over to their brother who was staring at them with disapproval written all over his face. They simply smirked and drank from their glasses while holding hands.

To the stranger in the room that must have been unusual but to the only other Original present it was normal. They were twins and they had not left each other sides in the past millennium, no matter what. Their relationship had always fascinated Elijah, they were ruthless, cold-hearted, unhinged and down right crazy but they never ever betrayed each other, never. When one was daggered so was the other, that was their pact. Over the years the family had tried separating them hoping that their murderous tendencies might lessen, but that had only made the situation worst. They had learned never to separate the twins, Kol and Kayla were a package deal, always and forever.