Chapter 1

As we pull up in front of our house I notice Louis' car is parked in the driveway awaiting our arrival. He exits his car as we drive to a stop next to him and he waves, smiling. "Hello you two," he calls as both Harry and I open our doors and step out of the car. "Nice holiday?" He approaches me and gives me a tight 'welcome home' cuddle before hugging Harry.

"It was amazing, mate!" Harry tells him with a huge grin on his adorable face. "How is everyone? We missed anything?"

Louis sticks out his bottom lip in thought and after a few seconds pause he shakes his head. "Nah I don't think so," he informs us. "Not much has happened since you've been gone."

"It's good to know all your lives are boring without us in them," Harry teases, nudging Louis with his elbow and poking out his tongue. Harry and Louis retrieve our suitcases from the boot of the car and leave them at the front door before climbing into Louis' car.

"I can't believe you have to go straight to the studio," I pout as I speak to Harry through the rolled down window of the car. "See, this is why we should have packed last night. We could have spent some time together now before you left."

"Yeah," Harry nods in agreement as he takes my hand. "But what we actually did last night was way more fun." He kisses the palm of my hand and wiggles his eyebrows.

My cheeks burn beet red and I pull my hand from his grip in embarrassment, fully aware that Louis can hear our conversation and is lightly chuckling in the drivers seat. "Harry," I hiss which only makes him laugh.

"You're so beautiful," he tells me with a wink. "I'll see you a bit later."

Still blushing, I ignore his compliment making him chuckle. "Alright, have fun."

"I love you."

I lean down to kiss him. "I love you too."

Louis starts the engine and Harry rolls up his window. I watch the car turn down the street and disappear out of my sight before I make my way into the house. Once I'm inside, I leave the suitcases stacked on top of one another in the hallway. I'm too tired to unpack them now, I'll get to it in a little while.

Suddenly I hear barking as our dog races out of the kitchen and pounces on me. "Hello boy," I coo as I stroke him vigorously, his tongue flopping out of his mouth as he greets me.

Nessa and Tom both shared responsibility of Marcel while we were away. He seems to be in good shape so they must have taken good care of him. Harry and I decided we wanted a pet just a few months after we moved in. My dad's secretary had a German shepherd were gave birth to a litter of puppies and Harry and I just had to have one. Marcel was the obvious choice right from the moment we saw him. He was the runt of the lot, always getting pushed around and picked on by his larger, stronger siblings who took advantage of his tiny size. I fell in love with him and now he's ours. Of course, it's obvious where the name came from anyway.

Harry doesn't like to speak of our time apart. It was quite a low time for both of us and I think he's a little bit embarrassed of the lengths he went to to try and win me back. But I want to keep that part of our lives alive as I think it's a huge part of our relationship and how we are now. Marcel helps to define that and keep those memories alive.

"Did Auntie Nessa and Uncle Tom take good care of you, mister?" I say to Marcel. I know he can't reply but I still talk to him like he can.

Marcel just continues to stare up at me with his large brown eyes, head cocked to the side and with one ear flopped down. He's beautiful.

"Maybe if you're a good boy, daddy will take you out for a walk later." Marcel barks at this and starts to get excited.

I chuckle. My phone rings and I dig through my purse until I find it vibrating at the very bottom. Typical.
It's Ness. "Hey!" I practically yell once I've answered the call.