Four

"Over here, dumbass!" Jordan calls from the station stairs, and I let out a sigh of relief, running over to him. We engulf in a bone crushing hug and he laughs, knowing that I've done well.

"Fuck, I thought you were dead." He grins, patting my back as we start to walk away. He hoists an arm around my shoulder as I laugh, shaking my head.

"I don't blame you. I was the one that told you I would be dead if I didn't come home by 6." I smirk, and he nods.

"Exactly. Only 45 minutes late, I've been waiting at the station for 2 hours." He replies, and I gasp.

"What the fuck? You could've waited at home!" I exclaim with a laugh, and he laughs too

"No, no. I wanted to make sure. You got everything?" He asks.

"Yeah. I haven't counted the money yet though, we'll do that later." I reply, and we keep on walking out of the station. I turn my head and for a split second I thought I saw Van, but I brushed it off and kept on walking, glad to be home. We finally reach his house about 20 minutes later and he slams the door shut, then pouring me some water. He asks me if I want to stay the night but I politely decline, so we sit and watch TV while I pull the money out.

"Fuck, it's like pure gold." I smile, pulling the elastic band off of it as it spills all over the floor.

"I'll count, don't worry about it. Go fix yourself up." He laughs, so I go upstairs into the bathroom and observe myself in the mirror, trying to conceal any marks or sights that would raise concern.

Van

I couldn't focus for the rest of the day. I sat in French and stared out the window, seeing the trains go by, wondering where she was off to this time. I remember Benji asking me over and over again, the same question, if I was okay.

"Van. You're going out again, mate. What's up?"

I couldn't do anything but shake my head, and everytime he asked me if it was about Isabelle, I'd stay quiet, I couldn't find myself to focus when I had no idea where she was. I start to wonder if it was really her who was at the station, walking home with Jordan, and it made me wonder what they were up to, especially with his arm around her like that. But right now, I try not to let that cloud my mind, as I sit in her living room with a cup of tea in my hands, her little sister playing with Lego blocks on the cream carpeted floor. I watch as she smashes the pieces together, only to pick them up and try again, and it made me wish that Isabelle was the same. I wish she would just pick herself up again when she has downs in her life, but she falls back into the same hole she dug herself, over and over again.

"Van, where's Izzy?" Camilla asks.

"I don't know, love. She'll be home soon." I smile. "Would you like anything?"

"No. I just want her to come home to play with me and mummy." She replies, not looking up at me. I look down and nod, pursing my lips. It makes me sad to see that a 5 year old is usually left alone, when her sister is supposed to be looking after her. A sisters 17 year old best friend shouldn't have to come take care of her, especially when he has to take care of the 16 year old sister as well. It's tiring, but I'll do it for as long as it takes, until Isabelle realises what's good for her. I dump my cup into the sink and leave it filled with water, leaning my elbows on the kitchen bench in the wait for Isabelle to come home. About ten minutes later, the phone rings. I decide not to answer it, it could be a friend of theirs and I don't want to confuse anyone, so I let it go to the answering machine.

"Hey Camilla, it's Izzy. I'll be home in half an hour, don't touch anything! I love you!" She says, and I hear laughter just before she hangs up.

"Oh my fucking God.." I say to myself, quiet enough so Camilla can't hear. I rub my temples and look up to meet her gaze, fixated on me.

"Does she always do that? Leave you alone?" I ask, and she nods. I shake my head and grab the house keys sitting on the bench, motioning for her to sit up.

"Come on, let's go visit mummy." I say, and she holds her hands up, as if she wants me to hold her. I give in and pick her up, and we walk out of the house, locking the door behind me.

"You need a car seat, don't you.." I mutter, and she nods. We go back inside and I grab the child seat that lay on the floor, then grabbed some food to bring to Mardelle.

"Alright, round two." I say, as we set off to the hospital. We arrive about twenty minutes of driving, and when we reach the reception, we're greeted with a warm smile from the lady at the register. She asks us for information, and I reply with simple answers.

"Uhm, yeah, here to see Mardelle. Mardelle Adams." I nod, and she types into the computer.

"Friends or family?" She asks.

"Well, I'm good friends with her daughter Isabelle, but this is Mardelle's other daughter." I smile, and she hands me a little ticket with the room number and level on it.

"Ah, Isabelle. Lovely girl. Just go up the lift to level two and it's the first door to your right." She smiles, and I thank her, walking off. The clean but chemical smell of toxins fill the air, until we reach the elevator, where crappy music played through the cheap speakers and paint peeled off the wall, as if it hasn't been painted in years. We get off on the second level and I stop infront of the door, taking a deep breath in.

If Isabelle isn't in here, then where is she?