|Naruto Shippuden| Smart-Ass |Shikamaru Nara|

Shikamaru twitched for the umpteenth time today as Sachiko crunched on another handful of smarties without a care in the world. He clenched his fists as he tried to concentrate on their game of shogi.

"So, what's your next move Shika-kun? You've been sitting there for the past ten minutes, I'm surprised at you." Sachiko grinned impishly.

"Because I can't concentrate..." he muttered under his breath. He slowly closed his eyes hoping to block out the noise of the crunching sounds from  Sachiko's hard candy. Sachiko blinked twice before she unwrapped more smarties and popped three more into her mouth.

"Really, that's pretty rare coming from you...I wonder why?" Sachiko mused thoughtfully.

'Yeah, I wonder why.' Shikamaru resisted the urge to roll his eyes.

He thought about asking her to stop eating that damned candy, but he quickly brushed that suggestion aside.  He knew it'd be a troublesome taske to try and keep the candy away from her. That was definitely easier said than done.

Shikamaru knew sooner or later Sachiko would run out of candy.  So he figured he would just wait it out and win the game in peace.

"Aw," Sachiko sighed.

"What?" Shikamaru looked up from the shogi board, raising an eyebrow. 

"My smarties are gone." Sachiko looked down at her empty bag with a dejected look.

'Well, that didn't take long.' Shikamaru mentally smirked in satisfaction.

Sachiko quickly pushed herself off the floor and made a beeline for the kitchen. She returned minutes later with a wide smile, holding an even bigger bag of smarties. Shikamaru stared at the bag in disbelief before looking at Sachiko as if she had grown a second head.

"You can't be serious." Shikamaru stared at Sachiko indignantly.

She opened the bag and pulled out some smarties to place them on the table beside the shogi board. "Why wouldn't I be? These help me concentrate on the game better, smarties make me feel...well smarter." Sachiko laughed.

Shikamaru sighed in defeat before he slowly pushed himself up to his feet and made his way over to the couch. "Guess I'm gonna have to forfeit the game."

"W-What, why we're not even half way through the game yet!" Sachiko quickly stood up to her feet.

He placed his head on the pillow resting on the couch and placed his hands behind his head. "Unless you get rid of that candy, I'm not playing."

Sachiko stared at her bag of smarties before she gasped and held the candy close to her chest; almost as if it were her own child. "Confuse me? You know I can't live without my beloved smarties!"

"And I can't last live with that constant and obnoxious chewing of yours; I can't concentrate."

"It's hard candy; what do you expect?" Sachiko threw her hands up in the air dramatically.

"Well unless you put that candy away, I'm not playing...it's too troublesome trying to play if you keep eating that stuff. Besides you're gonna rot your teeth out if you keep eating that stuff."

"Hmph," she pouted childisly. "Fine then..."

The room went quiet for a moment before Sachiko came up with an idea, a small smirk reaching her lips as she plotted in her mind.

She slowly unwrapped some smarties from the wrapper before popping a few into her mouth, purposely munching on them loudly. Shikamaru glared at her warningly, narrowing his brown hues  at her own ocean blue ones.

"Stop it Sachiko." Shikamaru warned..

"Why don't you make me?" Sachiko pulled out a single smartie and popped it in her mouth.

"I'm serious..."

"So am I Shikamaru, so am I."

"Fine, I'll play your little game." Shikamaru slowly pushed himself off the couch before walking towards her, now only a few inches away from her lips.

Sachiko suddenly grabbed a hold of the collar of his black muscle shirt before she pulled him into a small close-lipped kiss. Shikamaru was slow to respond, but he eventually began kissing her back.  He allowed his hands do the work and let them lazily slide down to her waist and pull her closer.

She smiled in response as she felt Shikamaru gently nibble on her bottom lip.  He slyly slipped his tongue into her mouth as her lips slowly parted. His tongue gently massaged hers for a bit before he began search for the candy she had in her mouth.

Shikamaru smirked in satisfaction as he felt Sachiko slip the candy back to him. He slowly broke the kiss, feeling a bit breathless from their little game of 'hide and seek' with the candy.

"I won..." Shikamaru gave a lazy smile and gently pressed his forehead against Sachiko's, chewing on what was left of the candy.

"Whatchu want, a dum-dum pop?" Sachiko teased.

"Smart Ass…"