Hold My Hand

Portgas D. Ace's Point of View

I watched (Y/N) enter through a door while I had my conversation with Luffy and His Crew.I'll try and remember all their names.I also feel bad for mostly dragging (y/n) into all this.I feel bad just abandoning her with my brother instead of watching her myself.Reasons...but now..I dunno if it's good to have her in the crew if she will get lost.Execution of the Innocent kills me.Now here I am in what seems to be a room to share.

"(y/n)..."I spoke when I entered the room. She was laying back on a bed with her legs hanging off the side.(Y/N) quickly sat up looking at me with a surprised expression. She must've not been expecting me or mostly anybody I would assume. I closed the door after myself when entering this room with (y/n).

"Oh hey Ace." She said.I scanned her from head to toe also noticing that she took of her footwear and all.(y/n)'s feet were smaller compared to mine and looked delicate and tiny.I mostly saw her as a small individual.weak..normally...someone who needed to most likely be protected when thinking somethings not able to be done alone, but honestly (y/n) is very Independent at times.Maybe she has a secret ability that I don't know about and I should watch out..."Ace?" I heard (Y/N) speak which smacked me out of thought.She was now before me looking up as I stared down at her.

"Oh yeah.Sorry." I responded after hearing her speak and took off my hat.I smiled when looking down at her. "Haha..were you gonna go to sleep?"I asked feeling as if I have possibly disturbed her or is annoying her right now.(Y/N) just shook her head and turned her back to me.She seemed down.There was a small window that gave off the light of the sun which began to fade into an orange color,showing off the sign of night approaching.I came from behind her as she was staring out."What's wrong, (y/n)?" I asked her and placed down my hat onto the bed she was laying on.

"I wanna go home...."(Y/N)'s voice was shakey and when hearing her I looked to see that she was spilling small drops of tears from her eyes.Just looking at her made me feel her sorrow.

"I know you do...." I said and reached for her hand which she seemed to allow me to take hold of.(Y/N)'s small hands gripped onto mine as she began crying.She embraced me surprisingly and let it out onto my chest so her sounds were muffled against my body. I ran my fingers through her hair and hugged her in return. I gave her the comfort she needed.She must've already figured out why it isn't so easy now.This was an unexpected turn in our lives.Me having to keep her away from the Marines and all and her not seeing her home again which possibly had people who most likely missed her.(Y/N)'s face possibly being on WANTED papers and gaining a bad reputation. It all is so much...but I will keep her safe. . . .I decided to make a commitment this afternoon which then became night.

"Till Death. .and After . .I will protect you"