Relics of the past~Unraveling Mysteries

When I'm nervous I have this thing yeah I talk too much 

Sometimes I just can't shut the hell up 

It's like I need to tell someone anyone who'll listen 

And that's where I seem to fu-I slam snooze and get up from my bed groggily. What an amazing song to wake up to, I love Jessie J.

Just another ordinary day as a junior in which I can't go a second without having every guy around the circumferance of my personal space trying to hit on me, or look at me like they want to deflower me, in the worst cases. I made a disgusted face at the thought.

 I'm not bragging, but I have to admit, people often see me as beautiful. Not pretty, no. Not "hot", or even "cute". But beautiful. I got out of my bed and looked out the window, cloudy grey skies which made my stormy eyes look even greyer and intimidating than usual.

 Literally crawling into my bathroom, I let the burning water penetrate my skin as I closed my eyes and let my feelings and emotions flow along with the water. I don't know why, but I've always felt better when I'm in water. Be it swimming, or taking a shower, it helps me think the best. Wrapping myself in a towel, I walked out my room to get my blow dryer from my mother's bathroom. After blow drying my hair, I walked into my walk in closet-hence the name and looked for something to wear. Even with millions of articles of clothing, I can't seem to choose the right outfit. I bit my lip as I grabbed a pair of torn skinny jeans and a dark grey tank top that brang out my stormy eyes. Throwing on a sweater from Hollister, I laced on my black converse and applied some eyeliner and blush to add some colour to my pale cheeks. I really didn't feel like wearing lip gloss, so I used my soft lips instead.

Before going downstairs, I looked over my full length mirror, and I thought to myself. If someone normally wore clothing like thism they would be labelled as boring, but I HAD to be born this way. I frowned and grabbed my bag.

My mother was making toast and a bowl of cereal sat on the table, half eaten. I guess you could say I look like my mother, I mean with the grey eyes and the long curly auburn hair. But aside from the looks, we are nothing alike. As soon as she sees me, her eyes turn serious and she said,

 "Your late" Not good morning, or even a hello, just that. Typical. I shrug and grabbed a banana.

"And take your hair out of that bun, it looks ridiculous" I loosened my hair as they fell into waves from the blowdrying. My mother looked at me in shame and dishonor, and a look on her face that said, "Why are you my daughter?"

"I have volleyball after school, I'll be home by five" And with that I slam the door with all my force. I was in no intention to let my PMSy mother ruin my day. I try not to get angry because when I get angry, I don't just get angry, I get enraged. My mother tries to test me, but it never works. Ever since I was little, I've always gone from angel to bratty devil when I get angry. I never understood why, but it was like mother knew what was going on, but she still tested me, some balls she's got.

I pulled into my school's parking lot and got out of my black BMW and walked towards the side entrance, past the perverted eyes and drooling. I walked in and Josh, the school's so called "hottest" junior. Blind people.

"Can I sleep with you, cuz I lost my teddybear," and he grinned his ugly toothy grin. I gritted my teeth and said,

 "Don't ever try that again, if you want to have children" And I walked away from all the "ooooh, burn!!!" and "Damn!!" rolling my eyes. For some reason, I've always been allergic to people. Lonliness is what I prefer, I never understood why. Friends come and go, so why waste your time making them? In the same way, boyfriends just used you so eff that. I opened my locker and put in the stuff I didn't need. I checked my schedule, Mythology class first. Great, why do we even learn things like this? Its not like they're going to ask me who Hercules is when I go to get a job. Rolling my eyes, I ran up the stairs to the second floor when I saw him for the first time. Time slowed down as his golden hair flopped and his teeth glimmered with that blinding smile. His blue eyes were piercing enough for me to see it from all the way up there. Our eyes met and interlocked, and I never wanted to look away. I watched him bounce down the stairs gracefully, like a God. He was wearing a black V neck muscle shirt that beautifully fit his body. I must've stood there with my mouth hanging, probably all I needed was a sign that read "place cock here", just like the other bimbos with too small yoga pants. I immediately closed my mouth as I realized what I looked like. I wanted to swallow my pride, but I couldn't, and then I snapped back to reality. No one, NO ONE mesmerized me in this school, and even though many people have tried, but I made sure they could never walk again.

I checked the time, it was 8:15, oh hell, I still had five minutes so I turned on my heel and followed him. I couldn't tell if he knew I was following him or not. The wind in the hallway whipped my hair back, sending my unruly curls flying. To my surprise, he took the stairs on the other side of the hallway. I frowned, then why did he come downstairs? Nonetheless, I followed him and to my surprise, he led me right to my Mythology class. A small smile played my lips as I took a seat to his right. Our teacher, Ms.Burnett had started taking attendence. She read a few names as she came to me,

"Valerie Nightingale"

"Here-" I siad as she let out a little gasp. Confused I looked at her.

"You're not related to Rachelle Nightingale by any chance are you?" I frowned and shook my head. I was the only child, why I never understood. When my father was alive, my mother was crazy in love with him, but they only had only child. Why she never took advantage of it, was intriguing. Ms.Burnett looked like she didn't believe me as she moved on to the next person.

"Kyle Lark"

"Here," said a honey filled voice next to me, and he flipped his golden hair back. I blinked, snap out of it Valerie, I said to myself.

"I'm passing around a sheet about the start of the Greek gods and goddesses," said the teacher as she handed me one.  I looked the sheet over and my face turned serious for some reason. This stuff didn't look new to me, even though I have never seen these names in my life. Poseidon, Athena, Zeus, Hermes, and a bunch of unfamiliar-yet familiar names. Taking out a pencil, I started working on it.

Kyle's P.O.V!!!

This was honestly one of the dumbest days of my life. First a school full of oblivious kids, and then teachers who taught stuff that I learned in kindergarden. What kind of place was this? I smiled as I realized how stupid these people were. But who suprised the most was...the girl next to me. What was her name again? Dammit! She turned as I caught her eyes for a eyes and I almost gasped They were a stormy, grey that were so intimidating they frightened me. She gave me a grave look, or did she always look at people that way? She was different from all the other girls in the school, sure alot of them were hot, sexy and lustful, but she, was beautiful. I blinked back to reality as she pulled her hair into a ponytail, which revealed an owl earring stud on her ear. My eyes widened as I read the names on the sheet, Athena, Zeus, Hera, as I thought, Owls and grey eyes. That only meant? No, it can't be. She was just a regular mortal, so I was just confusing myself for no reason.

After what felt like an eternity, the bell rang as I followed her outside. We had gotten away from the building, and near the portables and the small buildings. Then she suddenly stopped and turned around. Her stormy eyes linked onto mine.

"Is there a reason, a PROPER reason, why you're following me?" Her voice sounded fierce and demading. Man, I would hate to see her angry, I thought. I ran my fingers through my hair and I held my hands up in surrender.

"Hey, I come in peace! I just needed someone to show me around, thats all"  She looked at me suspiciously.

"There are 3432 people in this school, and you choose me?"

"You looked the most friendliest out of all of them"

"Looks can be decieving," She said as she walked away from me.

Valerie's P.O.V!!

I so terribly regretted not being able to see the look on his face as I walked away from him. I smiled to myself. Thats right, I said to myself. I love making boys run for their money. Normally, they don't dare come back. But he looked like he might, and I kind of wanted him to.

"Meet me tomorrow by the atrium," he said, "and you WILL be there". In your wet dreams, Lark boy, I thought to myself and I turned around to give him my death glare. Again regretting I couldn't see his expression, I walked to Chemistry.

_____________________________

Hey guys, it would mean so much to me if you comment, vote and become a fan <3 It really motivates me to work harder and I'll upload the next part! Please give me your feedback!! <3 And sorry for the spelling/grammatical mistakes! :)