Chapter 13

Questions...

They were being asked non-stop.

How are you holding up? How do you think?

Do you need anything? Not a thing, oh but my brother would be nice.

How are you feeling? Broken, lost, desperate. The list goes on and on...
.
.

A week and three days.

It's been a week and three damn long days since I've seen or spoken to Danny. I don't know how long I can take his absence, I needed to know that he was safe. I wanted him here next to me, I wanted to see him smile as he rides his majestic horse. His smile always radiated me through the dark times in my life and I've gotten so used to it that I don't know what to do without my sunshine. Oddly enough it is as I've ran out of tears, Caleb says I'm shocked and have gone numb to any emotion, I think he may be right. The only sounds of despair around the house were the cries of Sylvia. I felt bad I did but I can't help but be angry at her, why is she crying? She barely knew Danny. She didn't know him like I did, not even close.

As hard as it was to focus on work there was much to do, I've been working from home but today I needed to go to the office and gather some files. I quickly slipped on some decent clothes rather than the big sweaters I've been wearing since Danny ... went missing.

I made my way down the stairs and tried to get by without anyone noticing but it was hopeless.

"Where are you going?" Caleb's tired voice asked, I ignored the comment and proceeded towards the door.

"Celine!" He yelled.

"What?" I asked as I faced him, he looked so tired and worn out I almost felt bad, almost. I was angry and I didn't care who I took my anger out on.

"I asked a question, I'd appreciate if you answered." He said. Appreciation, what a funny word.

"I'd really appreciate if you'd leave, pack your bags and leave. Forget about me, forget about us!" I said with built up anger resurfacing.

"Oh not this again!" Caleb said as he pulled on his hair in frustration.
.
.
Y E S T E R D A Y. . . (FLASHBACK)
Caleb and I were sitting on the couch waiting for an update from the security team, Victoria came in with a two small envelopes.

She handed one to Caleb and one to me.

"These were delivered this morning, we took safety precautions and opened them. We did read them but it doesn't help with Danny's case but it's a message from... Jerry." She said as she watched us pull out the letters.

The letter was typed and not hand written, "Make Caleb leave. That is if you want him to come out of this alive, fail to do so and things won't be so pretty my darling."

For the love of god...

Doesn't this disgusting man know when to stop?

"Caleb" I cried as dropped the damn letter.

"Don't even think of it! I'm not leaving your side." Caleb protested, I admired his bravery but he wasn't seeing the seriousness of the threat.

"Mr. Anderson we advise you to leave and go somewhere secure until the matter has cleared." Brennon said trying to encourage Caleb to make the sane decision.

"No, it's not happening." He continued.

"Victoria can we please speak in private?" I asked and she nodded and took off to the security room.