1

"I can't believe I have to dress for this," I whined to the nasty old lady with the fashion designs.

"Shut up! Runt, I am going to transform you, and I need dead silence. You little brat." She snapped.

"Excuse me?" I was shocked at the tone she used against me.

"Sit down, brat." She commanded harshly. And I did what she said without hesitation.

She pulled a bin out from a closet filled with face masks. Masquerade face masks.

She began to look at my eye color. Which was green. And my hair color, blonde.

She pulled out a light lavender masquerade mask. She said, "dammit runt, you can't match purple."

She pulled out another, a green one, golden details. And a feather on the left side behind the eye hole.

She placed it on my face and pulled the string so it was behind me head. She let go of the strong and it slapped the back of my head painfully.

"There. Runt." She growled.

•••

I was standing now on a pedestal with her eyeing me.

"Well, you can wear a tight dress, but this is a ball. Sucks that you have a flat ass, brat." She scowled, and my jaw fell. She's so rude.

"Ok, well I decided you would look good in green, so you're going to wear green." She said in a matter-of-fact way.

"Okay." I murmured.

She began to pull out green dresses from the closet.

She threw a dark forest green dress at me, and I slipped it on.

I twirled in it.

"Stay still, brat." She snarled, and I stiffened in place.

Seven dresses later and we found the perfect dress. It had a fluffy bottom, that came up to a tight top. With golden jewelry laced all around it. Thank the lord there is no cleavage. Except some of my bare back showing, but that's ok.

••••

Three knocks came at the door.

The lady stood up and walked over to the door and opened it gracefully.

I stiffened as three tall men came in.

"We are you're escort to the ball, ma'am." The left one said.

"Follow us." The right one said.

"Wait! Dammit! Her shoes I forgot!"

She pulled out green heels, damn. Heels.

I quickly slipped in my feet and they fit perfectly.

I followed them, my heels clacking against the tiled floor. Everyone looking up at me, and I gave the apologetic looks. Not my fault I had to wear these mid-evil torture devices.

We left the building and walked down the steep stairs toward a limo.

"A limo?" I asked.

"Yes ma'am, all ladies are escorted through limousines." The middle one said.

"Okay." I replied.

Once we reached the car one of them opened the door for me and I whispered a thank you.

I got in to the pitch black car, and saw all these girls dressed in black. And I'm the only one in green.

"Why are you dressed in green?" The girls asked me.

"That's what the lady said. I was to wear green." I whispered.

The drive wasn't long, but it wasn't short either. It was boring because I didn't talk much nor had any distractions to keep me from thinking about how long it's been.

••••••

The doors opened. Each girl stepped out one by one. Then when I stepped out, I looked left and right. And saw about ten, to a dozen more limousines.

Then I every other girl still dressed in black.

I insecurely plays with my mask. Fidgeting around with the feathers behind my eye hole.

Then when we began to walk up the stairs I took my hand off the mask and onto the banister. There were about twenty steps, each made of stone. All slabbed together.

We all arrived to the gate, and people eyes my dress. The gates opened without anything touching it, nor moving it. Must be electric. No can't be, there is no electricity. Like, there's only torches as lights.

We all walked down multiple hallways and stairs. Until we all arrived to a pair of huge wooden doors. About the height of six of me stacked on top of one another.

And I'm five feet tall and two inches. I'm short and I'm not proud of it.

The doors opened. We all entered the room to see multiple tables and blood suckers everywhere. Then in the middle is a gigantic ball floor. Hardwood, no lights, but torches.

I insecurely looked around. Vampires already claiming there humans or vampires by biting their necks leaving soulmate marks. Which are like tattoos.

When I looked around I saw that the vampires were also wearing masks.

I couldn't see a lot not that there were girls scattered and small lighting. I began to feel weird tingles in my back, I felt a significant present. I panicked and fled by heading towards the center of the girls.

I pushed through a few, but quickly apologized. I was completely vanished between the girls- or so I thought. Because when I turned around I bumped into a hard chest. I fell down to the floor on my side. My mask hanging off. Gasps surrounding the floor, as everyone scattered away.

I quickly grabbed my mask and put it back on. I looked up and saw the devil himself.

The Prince of blood suckers.

I panicked, I got up and ran. As fast as I could. I managed to leave through the two huge wooden door which were luckily still sitting open.

I managed to also remember the way out of here. As I got out, it was pouring rain.

But it didn't stop me from running. I heard footsteps behind me, and I fell. Hurting my ankle and breaking the shoe heel. Then, when my head collided with the stone stairs, everything went black.