six 〣 his hand on my waist

•••

Chase

Mission Creek High School

Tuesday

9:00 a.m.

I hated Spike. I really did, with every single fiber of my being. I was honestly lucky that Y/N was actually understanding of the situation. We both agreed she needed a couple days to cool off, and she sent me a text on Saturday night that we were fine.

It was a huge relief.

After worrying about her mental state all weekend, I nearly forgot to worry about the dance. But there it was, popping back into my brain. I should ask her.

I needed to ask her.

•••

Mission Creek High School

Tuesday

9:05 a.m.

This day was long.

And it hadn't even started.

I sat down on one of the benches, absentmindedly humming to myself. I watched people for a while, checking my phone every now and again.

And avoided Trent at all costs.

Sure, I wasn't the strongest, but I didn't think I was 'weak' enough to become his next victim. Apparently, as it seems I am most times, I was wrong. He saw me as fair game. Nobody was going to stop him. He was the tyrant of the social hierarchy in his mind.

I wanted to kill him.

You think after so many times of saying no, a person would just give up, but nope. He just keep asking, and asking, and asking. I shook my head, attempting not to worry too much. The dance was ages away, he'd find someone else far more shallow and naive to go with him.

I bit my lip, glancing up to the door out of habit, seeing Chase enter the school. I smiled gently.

Chase tended to lift my mood.

I got up & we talked for a bit, apparently closer than I originally thought.

"Get a room!" Leo shouted, walking past us. I blushed slightly.

"Good morning to you too, Leo." I muttered. My gaze turned back to Chase, who was blushing slightly.

"Y/N?" He wouldn't meet my eyes, and I frowned slightly.

"Yeah?" I answered quickly, feeling my heart speed up. We were going to break up. We had to be breaking up. He sounded nervous, and he wouldn't make eye contact. I should've known this was going to happen.

"Do you..." He took a deep breath, "Do you want to go to the dance with me?"

Oh.

Oh wow.

Good job, self, you completely misread the situation again.

He cringed, "Sorry, sorry. I know it was stupid, you probably weren't even planning to go anyway, and-"

"Correction, she wasn't planning to go with you."

That made me freeze. Did he really just...

Wait.

"Trent." I took deep breath, turning around to face him. We made eye contact, and I raised an eyebrow.

"I would much prefer to attend the dance with Chase. Chase, who I have already previously established that I enjoy his company to, would be my choice. Not, under any circumstances, you. You are just a wanna be. You stack up your ego so high to push away every single negative thing in life, and it's going to come crashing down. The students you think are weaker, the students you treat like toys, they are either going to break. Or they are going to come back stronger, and you're going to be left in the dust thinking 'what happened?' I will tell you right now what happened. You were never stronger. You were always the most miserable in the room. You were always the weakest. So, maybe think about that the next time you attempt to put somebody down in order to try and climb ahead. Have fun in college."