Awkward encounters

Start from the beginning

"Plain water will do." He smiled at me then went back into the kitchen and came out with a cup of water and some cookies with him. He then sat beside me and looked at me.

"Bom much be glad to have a brother like you." I took a sip of water and reached out for a cookie.

"Bom's my mom." I coughed, no, choked. I drank more water to ease my pain and wiped away the tears I had in my eyes.

"How old are you?" I asked.

"10." He held out his 10 fingers in front of me.

"I know what you're thinking and you are right." Bom came out from her room. "Had him when I was 21."

The way she spoke was just so cool, like it didn't matter to her at all.

"Don't mind me asking, but where's the dad?"

"Overseas. Let's go, got the keys." She held a set of keys in front of me. "Wanna tag along?" She looked at Chanwoo. The boy just ran toward the door excited to put on his shoes.

Bom allowed me to open the doors and gave me a moment to take in the amazing furniture and view that this house had.

"This house looked better than it looked in the pictures!" I exclaimed running towards the balcony, taking in the astounding scenery.

"Seunghyun does have a thing for furnitures after all." Bom smiled. "I'll leave you here then, hope you like the house."

With that, she left the house with Chanwoo and allowed me to explore everything there is here.

Hours passed and soon it was dinner time.

I made my way towards the fridge to remember that I brought no food over and I was starving. I plop down on to the sofa and stare at my phone. To go out or to call delivery. I really wish Chaerin was here right now. If she had seen my current state, she would go on nagging about how you should never be lazy when it comes to food. I was about to just forget dinner when the bell ring. Sighing, I dragged my body towards the door and look into the peek hole. There was this man standing outside my door with pizza boxes in his hands. A charming man if fact. I thought Chaerin had been that thoughtful to even order pizza for me but when I opened the door, pizza delivery was not what I heard. Instead, it was a high pitched shriek screaming food in my face.

"Erm, you are?" I asked rubbing my eyes.

Ignoring my question, he asked, "where's Seunghyun?"

"He's overseas, I'm his new tenant." I smiled.

"That bastard." He ran his fingers through his hair messing it up. God that looked amazing. He is amazing. "Since I'm here, you can have this. Goodbye!" He placed the boxes of pizza on my hands and left. What was that? I turned around shaking my head in amusement and closed the door. I had an epiphany and went to open the door again.

"Wait! Erm, d-do you want to eat this with me?" he stopped in his tracks and turned with a puzzled look on his face. He looked around and pointed to himself. "Me?"

I nodded. "You bought it anyways, it's yours." He slowly made his way back and walked pass me into my unit. He made himself at home and went straight for the kitchen.

"What are you doing?" I followed him into the kitchen to see him opening one of the storage to reveal bottles of beer. Even I didn't know it was there till he opened it.

"Beer?" He took a bottle out. For him I guess. I slowly nodded and he took another bottle out. We walked to the living room and sat down on the sofa.

"Jiyong." I looked at him like he had just tried communicating in Sanskrit to me. "Kwon Jiyong."

"Oh. Dara. Sandara Park." I looked at him as a moment of awkwardness filled the air.

"Pizza!" he squealed like a kid and took a slice of pizza.

"Do you stay here as well?" I took a slice of pizza as well.

"Nope." He shook his head with a pizza in his mouth.

"Where do you stay then?" I brought my knees up to my chest and hugged a pillow. He pointed to the wall towards my right. I frowned and he seemed to notice it.

"813." He then took a sip of his beer while I took my second slice.

"Why did you not know that your friend has gone overseas?" I shifted in my sit to find a nicer position.

"Are you a police?" I had a blank emotion on my face as I tilted my head. "Cop, cop."

I shook my head and decided to stop asking any questions, even if the need to was really suffocating me. He seems to not want to indulge too much about himself. Any outsider would have assumed that he was an introvert, but after seeing how I was greeted, my opinions have changed.

"What? Is there something on my face?" He cut off my thought process. Ahhh, how embarrassing... I was caught staring at him. He must be thinking that I'm a creep. Bad introduction Dara. I shifted to a rigid position and avoided eye contact with him throughout our pizza sessions. Being caught once is enough.

We finished up the pizzas and he volunteered to clean up. The world needs more gentlemen like him.