StarGazing

It's been four days since you were in Rick's group. He introduced you to everyone : Maggie,Glenn, Dale, Beth, Carole, Carl, Baby Judith, Hersel and finally Daryl Dixon and to be perfectly honest you liked them, especially Beth. She was this sweet fragile girl who took care of everyone and tried to calm everyone down when everything was getting tense. Well it wasn't a bad thing. The world when to hell when a virus made all the world sick and now they were all walkers. So being down to earth was hard enough but Beth seemed to managed it pretty good. Or maybe she tried to hide the fact she was freaked out like some of us. Anyway. You were getting along with most of them except Daryl. He was always distant. Rude always seemed angry for some reasons. He was rather intimidating and you could't find the guts to tell him. So you basically avoided him by keeping yourself busy like helping Carole with the laundry or cooking and killing walkers by the fence with Maggie and Glenn. You haven't been on a run yet and couldn't wait to. But first you had to ask Rick. He was the leader .

Everyone was sitting at the table eating and chatting when Rick came to us. He looked tired and worried so all eyes looked at him . No one dared asking him what was going on. Except you.

" What's wrong ?" You said in a soft voice.

Rick looked at you before sighing .

" We have more "visitors" by the fence than planned. So i'll need two people for tonight for the watch" he said looking exasperated.

No one said a word. Maggie and Glenn was on watch the night before. You couldn't imagine Beth doing it since she was full time with Baby Judith. Carl would do it but Rick would say no. Same thing with Carole and Dale. You hated awkward silence since you never knew how it would turned out so you flew your hand in the hair and said quietly.

" I'll do it. I can do it. I can't sleep anyway"

"You sure? It would be appreciated" Rick asked just to make sure.

" Yeah. Don't worry. I'll go pack my things for tonight"

" Thank you"
Rick said with a little smile on his face.

You just nodded and went to your cell to start packing your stuff like your pillow and sleeping bag a bookn and if course your bow and arrow and a pocket knife. What you didn't know is that Daryl has volunteered too to keep watch . You just didn't noticed it just yet.

Making your way to the tower watch you couldn't help but to see that Rick was right. They were a lot more of walkers out there and if it kept going like that, the fence would be destroyed in no time and the prison would be invated by them. And you guys didn't have bunch of ammos to get rid of them all.

The sun was slowly going to sleep and you were outside the tower sitting on the cold metal ground, binoculars around your neck and your book on your laps. Your eyes were gazing at the fence now and then to see if everything was alright and then you went back to reading until your heard someone behind you. You practically shoved your book aside and got up with your knife in one hand ready to attack whoever was there. That's when you saw his face. His blue eyes and his crossbow. Daryl.

" Calm down sunshine it's just me"
He said smirking a little bit staring at you.

Seeing him smirking at you was a first. And did he just called you sunshine? You lowered you knife and sat down to pick up your book.

" You just scared the crap out of me Dixon. Next time, please make noise"

You said looking at him before returning to your reading.

" What are yer' readin'?"

He said in that Southern accent that made you shiver everytime. He sat next to you putting his crossbow next to him before looking up at the fence. You were not sure if wanted an answer or if he was interested about knowing. You kept quiet for a moment before finally speaking

" The First Time Daryl Dixon Actually Spoke To Me Without Being An Ass. You should read it."

You said sarcastically . He looked at you and you swore if his eyes could kill you'd be dead already so you just rolled your eyes at him.

" C'mon.. laughing won't hurt you k'now?"

" Better watch yer' mouth sunshine"
He said before pushing you teasingly.

" Or what? You're gonna throw me with the walkers?" You said snorting

" You can bet yer' ass I will"
He said before letting out a soft chuckle.

" Pftt.. right."

You spent the night talking about random stuff and mostly the group watching the fence so no intruders would cross the fence . It was pitch black and stars starting to poke out in the sky. You decided to lay back to look at them. Bright shine yet so powerful. You closed your eyes and enjoyed the quiet trying to ignore the distant growls.

" you should go sleep y'know?"

You opened you eyes and shook your head no.

" Nah i'm good . I promised Rick i'd do it and beside i'm not tired"
You said before getting on your feet to readjust your clothes.

" Bullshit woman. I can handle it. Now be a good girl and go sleep cause if ya don't i'll put you to sleep"

Daryl said in a more serious tone. You arched a brow at him and crossed your arms around your chest.

" Bla bla bla Dixon you won't ."

Without another word he shot straight up and picked out off of the gtound before opening the door of the Tower Watch.

" What the fuck Dixon ? Put me down NOW!" You yelled at him"

" Say shut up to me one more time and you'll have an arrow stuck b'tween your eyes doll"

He said before putting you back on your feet. You tried to get out but he pinned you down and you could feel his warm breath on your face.

"Now listen to me. You're gonna stay there and sleep."

" Fine" You said throught gritted teeth.

"Good girl"

He got up and left , letting you alone with your own thoughts. Oh he was a challenging man and you liked it. Maybe now you could spend more time with him to het to know him better. Daryl wasn't so bad actually. With that you closed your eyes and drifted. For once could finally sleep without fearing anything with him being not so far from you.