“Hey man. I got the note, what’s up” I questioned while watching Duncan get jealous in the corner of my eyes, I had to stop myself form smirking at this but it was hard. “Not here, sneak off and meet me behind the sport shed” he said then left with his friends leaving me, Duncan, Ryan, Oscar and a group of nerds gossiping about the world of war craft, whatever the hell that is. Feeling uncomfortable I left heading straight behind the sports shed where as expected was Jacob. I pulled out my second much needed cigarette of the day, lighting it up as Jacob spoke.

“It’s about Adam...”

..................................................................................................................................................................

Although watching Zed changing was becoming a strange but enjoyable hobby of mine, today was different. I couldn’t contain my jealousy; I am surprised no one felt it rushing out of me in heated waves. Why did he go change with Jacob I know he is also gay I.....Wait? Was this because I bluntly rejected Zed? I know we aren’t close friends but I still thought we were getting somewhere I mean that kiss was fantastic well the parts I remember. The one thing clear in my memory was the smell of spear mint.

Me, Ryan and Oscar were leaving the changing room when we saw Zed walk behind the sports shed. Ryan blabbed on about the date he had most recently planed with Charlie when I interrupted with an oh so friendly “Shut your fucking trap Ryan!”

Both Oscar and Ryan gave me looks, but all remain quiet bar the coach’s whistle and murmurs of conversation, but our tension was cut by Jacob’s voice “It’s about...” I had enough; I stormed of and began laps with the others, using up as much of my anger as I could. Oh God what is Zed doing to me?

..................................................................................................................................................................

I inhaled the cigarette awaiting Jacob to continue his statement. “What about him?” I broke the silence which had fallen around us, when he stopped after only half a sentence, “Well” I turned when he started to talking to see he had now gone pale and was staring at the floor “Adam came to mine last night and we were in the middle...of well you know...ummm....stuff and when I pulled his shirt off he was covered in bruises and cuts and.....” I stared in bewilderment soon forgetting hot to smoke and almost swallowed it. “Zed? You ok?”

*Cough* “Yeah” *Wheeze* “Just give me a sec” *cough* After a couple of seconds the burning sensation died down. “So after that what happened?” I questioned, voice still a little horse form the cigarette accident.

“he ran out and is refusing to answer any of my questions I ask him.... he not really talking to me.” He paused for a long sigh “zed I need you to find out what’s wrong because I know he didn’t just “Fall”” I think that “...” signs are used way to much but now was not the time to bring up my views.

“Well we aren’t that close-“ I was interrupted by Jacob at the moment. “I know but for some reason he trusts you” under his breath he muttered some complaints on why me not him, I ignored them thinking I wasn’t meant to hear, so I just stubbed out the rest of my cigarette on the grass and gave Jacob a pat on the shoulder and said “I’ll deal with it” and I walked back to rejoin the class but I heard Jacob sign in relief.

Why was Adam keeping quiet, especially to his boyfriend I mean they were so close well as close as bread and jam [AN: A joke between Hazel and ME] I was abducted from my thought by couch who forced run laps all lesson while the others played football, I didn’t complain because there was no longer than twenty minutes left of the lesson, the same amount of time I spend on the treadmill;; in the mornings before school, but this gave me time to think which I was grateful for too.