My Shadow

When I'd left my best friend's house, and started walking home, it was quiet. Not much happens in Cedar Oaks, California. Truthfully, there was no form of violence any way, shape or form here since 1973. Pretty hard to believe in today's world. You could leave your door unlocked and have no fear of being attacked or robbed. Squinting, I saw a figure up ahead of the bus stop. That's weird, usually everyone is asleep by now. My town was sleepy and I don't even think the bus was going at this time. The sky was a dark black and I could barely see where I was going from the street light.

"Excuse me, the bus isn't going to come by till seven this morning," I said, as the figure became closer.

A handsome guy, about in his twenties was sitting on the bench.

"Sorry, I had no clue, I'm new to town, Alex Trevors," he smiled, as I extended a hand.

"Welcome, the bus doesn't come around until seven so you'll have about seven hours out here," I said to him with a smile.

"That's weird, I grew up in Los Angeles, usually busses go on all night," he said running a hand through his blond hair.

"It's a small town, every one  here doesn't get going till six," I shrugged.

"I'm Katherine Smith," I said with a weak smile.

"Thanks Katherine, maybe we'll come by each other another time," he smiled, waving walking off.

Something about him was off, but that's most likely because I've never met him and I'm used to knowing everyone in this town.

The chilly fall wind blew my brown hair around as I continued to walk home.

I guess I'd have to wait, maybe in day light he's a less sketchy guy.