only exception

isabelles pov

after talking to ryan that day me and mason went back to only talking to eachother.

"maybe we should" mason said.

"maybe we should what" i said as i layed my head in his lap and looked up at the sky.

school was over and me and mason went to our favorite place that only him and i know about its our secret, its like this little place behind the creek and there was this big tree that me and mason built a little house thing up in. it had a opening in the middle that you could look up and see the sky and then every where else it was closed so that even if was raining we could come up here.

it was our favorite place to just relax and talk.

"maybe we should just talk" mason said.

i gasped. i never excpected him to say that.

"what!?! why!!?!?" i asked.

he was playing with my hair and humming a tune.

"well because iz were happy now arent we" mason asked.

i nodded.

"yea but what does that have to do with us talking" i questioned, this still didnt make any sense yeah i was happy and i far as i know masons happy but still what does that have to do with us talking.

mason sighed.

"when we were younger we made a promise to eachother do you rember what that promise was" he asked.

i searched me brain for memory of promises i made to mason.

then my mind went bingo, it was like a thousand light bulbs turned on inside my head and i rembered what we promised.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FLASHBACK

it was recess in third grade and i was hanging out with my best friend mason.

mason was the only one i ever talked to anymore. after mommy and daddy left and i moved in with anutie i refused to talk to anyone but him.

mason was there for me since kindergarten and he knew my story and he was the only one that understood me because he went through the same thing to.

me and mason were playing together but i got tired so i sat down under the tree. mason came and sat down next to me. i rested my head on his shoulder and we just sat there enjoying the moment when all of a sudden mason spoke up.

"izzy promise me that once we are bith truly happy that we will let others in and talk to people again. that we will learn together to gain trust and let people in instead of pushing them away" he said.

"mason i promise as long as you promise that we stick together and be there for eachother through everything" i said. he smiled and i felt myself smiling. he hugged me and whispered in my ear

"i promise isabelle i promise"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FLASHBACK OVER BACK TO THE PRESENT.

i rembered that promise and i rembered that day as if it was yesterday.

mason kept his promise and now im gonna keep mine.

"mason as long as we both start talking ill do it. you kept your promise and now im gonna keep mine" i said smiling at him. he smiled down at me and then i found myself with his lips on mine and mine on his.

" i love you izzy" mason said as he pulled away...but he still hugged my waist.

"i love you too mason" i said and then i kissed him again.