Chapter 4: meghan fields

In the muggy, hot dimmed locker room of Rosewood High's swimming team, Meghan slammed shut her yellow metal locker door leaving an echo trailing that sounded like a car crash. Behind her, girls were talking about the game that was happening tonight. Oh, the game. Her boyfriend, Jeff, was supposed to play tonight but ended up breaking his left foot while climbing a tall wall behind his house. That was pretty stupid of him, but she might as well keep him company by not going to the game and hanging out with him instead.  

"Hey, Meg. Ready to go?" One of her mothers who was a swim coach at the high school. Emily Fields had dark brown wavy hair and cinnamon-like skin. She had her old Rosewood swim tote bag on her shoulder and grabbed onto it like it was about to fall.

"Yes. I'm ready," Meghan said. She grabbed her Nike backpack and headed out the locker room door where she felt a cool breeze touch her face. The smell of chlorine lingered in her nose as she waited for Emily to come out as well. The girls who were talking about the big game came out after them and laughed as one of them told a joke. Emily locked the door and gave Meghan a smile. 

"One day, you're going to become a coach. You're the best one on the team, you know that?" She said. Meghan frowned. She knew she was joking. Everyone knew that tiny Meghan Fields sucked at swimming. It was a wonder that two of her mothers were excellent swimmers and that one was a coach. She wouldn't even be on the team if it weren't for them. 

"Stop. You don't need to lie," Meghan groaned. Emily sighed and shook her head. Forever, Emily gave her hopes that she would once become the best swimmer and she won't ever stop being so confident in Meghan. Her other mother, Paige, knew that it wasn't the right thing for Meghan, but never said anything about it. 

"I'm not lying. A little practice never hurts. Besides, it keeps you fit." Meghan rolled her eyes and laughed because it was getting ridiculous. 

****

By the time they were home, Emily and Paige went into the kitchen to cook dinner. Meghan went into her brother Ethan's room to socialize. Ethan was found sitting on his desk, doing homework. "Hey," Meghan said, sitting on his bed. 

"Hello, I'm doing homework before the game."

"Yeah, I can see," She replied. Ethan was on the high honor roll and he always cared about his grades. She can definitely tell that Ethan was the favorite child. He was amazing at swimming and never disappoints his parents about anything. 

"How was swim?" He asked, looking up at her. Meghan shook her head and forced her back to lay down on the bed. 

"Uh, it was... fine. I guess," she said. She lied. It was worse and worse every day. Girls on her swim team wanted to talk trash about how she was a stuck up to her parents and how badly they want to push her out the team and etc. One time, she even caught them writing on a white board and doing votes to see how many people wanted her off the team. Only one vote was voting to make her stay and that was the nicest girl on the team, KiKi. 

"Good, and no one better tell you that you're terrible at swim. Nobody's perfect and you're practicing to get better. That's the good thing," Ethan said, staring at her dead straight in the eye. That was what she liked about Ethan. He is such a good person and brother and an inspiration to Meghan. He would stick up for her on bad days and to anyone who bullied her. She wasn't a victim of being bullied, but just for swimming. It wasn't like she wanted to be on that swim team... she just didn't want to disappoint her parents. 

"Thanks," She replied and gave a warm smile. Meghan then got up and went into her room to get ready to meet up with Jeff. They planned on watching 'Shark Boy and Lavagirl ' 'again for the fiftieth time and then devouring a ton of pizza and ice cream. Better than the game, to be honest. 

Maybe it is better than the game. I mean, who knows what will happen? Let's just say... It's better to be with your boyfriend at home than there. 

-A

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

THANKS FOR READING THIS CHAPTER. STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER. (UNEDITED... WILL BE EDITING SOON)

COMMENT

SHARE

FOLLOW

FAVORITE

(Picture on the heading is not mine. Model is Karrueche Tran. Picture link: http://static.vibe.com/uploads/2014/12/karrueche0.png)

"There's so much going in my head right now." - Emily Fields

(Next Chapter/ Taylor)