First Day

BEEEEEEEEP!!

"Alright ladies, bring it in!!" Pia yelled with a blow of her whistle, walking towards the middle of the field. The ladies stopped their drills and hustled towards their coach when they all noticed someone walking next to her.

"Hey, who's with Pia?" Kelley questioned hustling beside Tobin and Cheney. Both of the girls looked up and squinted at the unfamiliar face.

"Couldn't tell ya, Kells. Never seen her before" Tobin shrugged while Lauren shook her head along with her fellow new kid.

"Guess we'll find out" Lauren added as the three girls took a knee along with the rest of the team around their coach and the girl. Tobin focused in on the brunette. She couldn't help but stare at the beautiful figure in front of her. The girl's hair was pulled back in a perfect pony, a piece of pink pre-wrap keeping every stray strand of hair in it's place. Tobin also noticed that the girl had on their practice uniform. But no one remembers Pia mentioning anything about recruiting a new girl.

"Great hustle out there girls. Okay. This...is Alex Morgan." Pia motioned to the figure next to her.  The girl was clearly intimidated by the fact that all eyes were now on her. She swallowed her nerves and smiled, waving at the team. "She's a new recruit I've been keeping a very close eye on. She's going to try out for the team so she will be practicing with us for the remainder of the week.  If things go well, she'll be joining us by the end of it." Pia smiled wide and placed her hand on Alex's shoulder. "We're going to scrimmage for the rest of practice so everyone can get familiar with playing together. Split up into the teams you were in yesterday. Alex, since you're our guest, you get to pick which team you're on." Pia gave the girl a reassuring smile and a pat on the back before walking off the field. With another blow of her whistle the girls split up and took their positions on the field. Alex froze for a minute, unsure of where to go.  Then she felt a tap on her shoulder. She jumped and turned around. Her world practically stopped. Alex was captivated by a smile brighter than anything she's ever seen before. It was Tobin. She was completely taken back by the other girl. She didn't know what to do...nobody's ever had that kind of effect on her before. Her thoughts were all over the place when Tobin finally broke the short silence.

"Pia put me on the spot like that my first day of try outs too. Here." Tobin extended her arm, handing Alex a neon yellow pinny. "You should join my team! We always win." Tobin whispered and winked, flashing her winning smile at Alex. 

"I HEARD THAT!!" Abby yelled from the other side of the field. 

"You know it's true, Abby!" Kelley O'Hara yelled back in Tobin's defense. The girls giggled at the small altercation.  Alex reached out and took the jersey from Tobin who then pulled her's over her head. "I'm Tobin by the way." smiled the midfielder.

"Alex.." she replied feeling stupid at the fact that she just re-introduced herself, forgetting that Pia already did it for her not five minutes ago.

"So I've heard" flirted Tobin. She winked and nudged Alex's shoulder before jogging by her and taking her place on the field. Alex sighed. Smooth, Alex...real smooth. She thought to herself as she pulled her pinny over her head and joined her team. 

The rest of practice went really well. Alex ended up scoring two goals which impressed the rest of the girls. Alex continued to impress the team, as well as Pia, for the rest of the week. Also happening during the week was that her and Tobin were getting much closer. They were always together during practices and hung back in the locker room together afterwards. Everyone was just assuming they were becoming very good friends but the truth was that both Tobin and Alex were feeling something different...like something more than just a friendship forming.