UnexpectedL1Ve.

Chanel Mali Underwood.

Can anyone explain to me why I'm out here, standing in front of the person that ruined my life?

I shivered at the windy breeze that hit my bare skin. I watched as couples started getting into their cars and driving off.

I was trying my best not to turn around and walk to the car where Promise was waiting on me. I looked down at my shoes then back up at him.

"Chanel, how you been?" He finally asked after a long pause.

"Honestly, I've been good."

I guess he could hint the attitude and sarcasm in my voice, which made him sigh.

"Let me explain-."

"D'Angelo, I really don't need an explanation from you. Congratulations on the win!" I smiled before turning around, only to be pulled back by him.

"Please wait," he let got of my arm. "During those four years of me bullying you, I really didn't mean it."

Oh really?

"I honestly liked you because you were beautiful and you still are."

"So you had to bully me?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Didn't know how to get to you."

"Wow, that's complete.... bullshit."

"I know, I know," he kicked up some rocks. "How about this. May I take you out to explain? Just like a friendly date?"

Before I could even respond, gunshots aired everywhere. I was pushed on the ground and shielded by D'Angelo as screams and yells roared our everywhere.

I covered my ears as the gunshots finally settled down. D'Angelo got off of me and helped me up.

"You good?" He asked looking at me.

I dust my pants off and fixed my hair.

"Yeah, I'm good." I sighed, dusting the dirt off my behind.

He chuckled and licked his lips, taking a look.

"Stop." I painted my finger at him.

He laughed and put his hands behind his back.

"Sooo, about that date?" He smiled, cheekily.

I twist my lips, wondering what should I do. I finally settled on saying yes, just to get a closure on why I was being bullied back then.

"Yes." I managed to say, seeing him smile wider.

"Can I get your number?"

We exchanged numbers before I slid my phone back in my pocket.

"D, getcho ass in here." One of the players yelled.

Was I really going on this date for a closure or was I trying to get close to D' Angelo?

When I graduated, I thought I wouldn't see D'Angelo again, but I was wrong. Here I was going on a date with him. I just hope it's a good outcome.