Demi pulled her hand from mine & sighed, loudly. "She kept going on & on about you & how hot you are & how she loves to watch you work out because you're so mesmerizing." Demi clicked her tongue as I felt my face contort with confusion. "Then she said something that just was..." Demi was shaking her head in disbelief. "It was so inappropriate to say to someone's girlfriend. She had the nerve to say she bets you fuck hard & good." Demi's expression was that of disgust. "I mean who fucking says that about a guy to his girlfriend? I just snapped after hearing her ramble on & on about my boyfriend. I'm not even sorry, to be honest. She had no fucking right to say that to me."

Since I heard a different reason from Delta, I couldn't help but to be suspicious of the whole situation, but I wasn't going to make a big deal about it. "So you were pissed she made a comment about me?" I was leaning toward believing Demi, anyway, so it didn't matter what Delta said. It would only make Demi angrier if she knew. 

Demi pursed her lips & nodded at me. "Do you blame me? I mean what would you do if some guy started talking to you about how I looked so hot & that they bet I fucked good?"

"I'd be pissed. Probably punch their lights out." I said, my mouth twitching a little.

Demi still wasn't smiling. "She's probably gonna press charges."

"I doubt she will. Do you want to go in & apologize to her? Maybe she won't if you apologize."

"Apologize? I'm not going to apologize. She was out of line." Demi rolled her eyes again & looked away.

"Well, I think you should at least talk to her & try to smooth things over." I slid my arm around her waist & put my head close to hers. Demi glanced up at me & took in a deep breath before she let the breath out. I kissed her temple, letting my lips linger a little. "I'll go with you. Come on." I took her hand, that wasn't sore & pulled her with me as I headed back into the bar.

In the bar, I saw Carter & Delta sitting at a table, talking as they stared into each other's eyes. Delta was holding something on her eye & as we got closer, I saw it was a washcloth with ice in it. Delta saw us walking toward them & looked smug for a moment, but then her expression changed as we sat down. "Delta, I hope you know I hit you because of what you were talking about. It was very inappropriate to be saying to me, but I'm not sorry I hit you. I just hope you can understand why I did it." Demi sat across from Delta & spoked the words, eloquently & with a seriousness, but I could tell she was angry.

" Demi sat across from Delta & spoked the words, eloquently & with a seriousness, but I could tell she was angry

"I guess I should be careful of what I say or who I talk about in front of you." Delta said as she watched Demi, carefully.

"Are you going to press charges?" Demi asked, her face stoic. She was not backing down from Delta & I was a little impressed.

"I probably should because you can't just go around hitting people when they offend you." Delta said with a smirk & I felt this need to protect Demi from her for some reason. "But maybe we can work something out. I think maybe you need to channel some of that energy into a positive outlet. I think you should come train at my dad's gym & maybe do some actual fighting in the ring once you're ready." Delta's eyebrow was up & I wasn't sure if she was serious or not.