- ch.1 -

"So, wait, why don't you have any horns?" He asked and I rolled my eyes. I had learned (over the years of watching him, of course) that Ashton was totally oblivious to a lot of things and this was one of them.

"I'm an angel, not a sheep." I remarked, although I was smiling. We were sitting by an old, rusty, metal bench by an alleyway, a couple of blocks away from his house.

"Okay," He began "do you see me have se-"

"Ew, no. God, no." I interupted, knowing what he was going to say before he even said it. My wings were bothering me, so I had took it upon myself to lay on top of a pile of leaves that piled next to the bench, Ashton soon had followed after and we were both laying admist the pile, staring at the sky full of stars.

"I don't watch your every move, remember?" I said, turning my head slightly to look at him. I asked him where he was going to stay, anyways, if he couldn't convince his girlfriend to get him back and he took a moment to think and said "I'll find a way."

And I didn't reply because I didn't want to push it any further than it already was, if you know what I mean.

I heard my watch sound a short and loud beep, meaning I was needed back.

"I gotta go." I stood up quickly, and Ashton did as well.

"Where are you going?" Ashton asked, a hint of disappointment in his voice and I looked up.

I sadly smiled. He felt alone.

"Whatever." He harshly added and I frowned at the quick change of expressions. One moment he was afraid to be alone and the next, he didn't give a flying fuck if I left and it angered me. You sense the feeling of aloneness once you want to believe that you are alone, which is what Ashton was doing, that's why he was being so ignorant and bitchy; because he was afraid he would be alone again.

"They need me back."

"Who needs you back?" He asked, his tone slightly better than before.

"I'm-" I stopped myself because I knew I mustn't tell him where my location was. Once I feel he is ready, I'll tell him.

"I'll see you again Ash." I placed my hands on his biceps (which were quite large, actually) and gave it a slight squeeze, my arms falling to my sides after I did so.

His faced dropped, and it was pretty obvious that he was trying to hide his disappointment but was failing. He looked up at me and gave me a sad smile.

"I, uh," He began, his right hand rubbing his left arm, his eyes trailing to the floor "do you have to leave? I like your company..." He mumbled the last part so quiet that I could barely hear him.

"Can I ask you a question?" And that was when I got his full attention. He nodded.

"Why are you so afraid?"

"Of what?" He asked slyly but we both knew what I was talking about. I raised my eyebrows and he sighed, giving up.

"Promise you won't laugh?" He asked. And I replied "Promise."

"People have a strange habit of leaving me in my life," He began and I realised he was talking about his Dad and his girlfriend, Savannah I think, etc. "I just don't want to be left alone again. Savannah was the closest I had to company but then, at one point, it just started getting boring. There was nothing to talk about, I had a job and she had a job. But I liked her company and I tried to love it, I swear I tried. But I guess she got fed up, and made me leave." A single tear rolled down his cheek.

When I had started watching over Ashton, I honestly thought he was the biggest asshole I had ever seen. But I guess I was wrong, Ash had a big heart but he refused to show it. And never have I been so wrong to judge so quickly when I said he was an asshole, but so right to conclude that he, in fact, isn't an asshole, but, in fact, is a human being.

-

a/n: aww this chapter is cute. Ok so I know the first two chapters are shitty but it'll get better I promise.

I have this book all planned out and there is this BIG plot twist in the end that may or may not lead to a sequel (hint, hint)

But anyway, pls keep reading, liking, commenting and voting. Thank you for reading!

Xxx ~yasmeen