Just Once

As I walked out into the school parking lot the strong winter breeze stuck against my skin sending small shivers through my body. I placed my book sack on the ground and retrieved the scarf I had just remembered to stuff in my bag this morning. I wrapped it around my neck tightly hoping to preserve any heat I could get, it sure did get cold in Seattle during the winter.

As I continued down the street I grabbed my headphones out of my pocket and placed them in my ears, I turned my phone to shuffle hoping a good song would play first. Luckily Arctic Monkeys came on putting a smile on my face automatically. As I was humming along loudly and snapping my fingers to the beat I was suddenly knocked out of my day dream by a hand grabbing my shoulder.

I let out a quick gasp at the unexpected contact and turned quickly to be met with the one person I needed to be away from. She reached over pulling my head phones out and cocked her bushy brow at me.

"Bloody hell Tess, how loud have you got those things" she said loudly.

"Not that loud" I rolled my eyes.

"Well they were loud enough for you not to hear me honking and hollering for five minutes" she said firmly.

"Why were you honking" I asked.

"Well I was gonna see if I could offer you a ride home, its a bit cold out if you have noticed" she said laughing.

I didn't exactly want to be in a car with her but I was dying to be home right now, "how bad could one drive be really" I thought to myself.

"You done debating or not I think an icicle is starting to form on my nose" she teased.

"What the hell" I spoke.

She flashed me a quick smile then gestured to her car that was parked on the curb next to us, as we walked over to it I took in the beauty of how nice it really was, it was the brand new BMW, how in the world did she afford that or even her parents. This was literally my dream car, matte black with leather interior and insane horse power.

"You done drooling love" she questioned.

"Oh um sorry It's just this is literally my dream car, It's beautiful Ruby" I blushed.

"Not as beautiful as you" she smiled while opening my door.

My cheeks flushed a rose red from her simple yet touching comment.

As I got in I turned to her and told her my street address and what she replied with only made me insanely nervous.

"Oh that wont be necessary" she smirked.

"I'm not going home am I" I sighed.

She leaned over to me only briefly taking her eyes away from the road and whispered,

"Not a chance."

"Do I at least get to know where were going then" I scoffed.

"Nope" she said popping the P.

I let out and irritated huff and began to tap my fingers against my leg to the beat of the EDM station Ruby had playing.

The drive continued in a comfortable silence that is until Ruby decided to place her hand on my thigh. She squeezed lightly running circles on my upper thigh as if it was nothing. I sucked in a sharp breathe trying to ignore how good it felt as I said,