Thoughts

Clark didn't have anything "fancy" I mean he's an alien that grew up on a farm! And the "Golden Seahorse" was one of the most expensive and high society places in Metropolis. The best he had was a black long sleeved polo shirt, but Lois will probably turn up in some crazy dress and of course the rich guy will have a fancy suit made out of rare fibres only found in the deepest darkest rainforest in South Australia on a blue moon.

Clark just went for the polo-shirt and put on a white tie. Of course he had his Superman outfit underneath, just in case. He looked at the time, it was only 5:30. He decided to take the two hours he had to sit down and try and think of why he felt so uncomfortable around Bruce.

"Maybe he's one of the million people trying to kill me?" Clark said out loud. "But I definitely know him..." Clark just couldn't get his finger on it though. He wanted to punch something but the people below him in his apartment wouldn't really appreciate that.

"What if he's some kind of hero I know?" Clark thought, he did know a lot of other Superheroes but knew little of their identities. "Well let's see...Flash is Barry and he's not rich. Oliver, Hal, J'onn...actually he could just be shapeshifting but why would he do that? And he can't be Diana unless she has some sort of Amazon cloaking device."

Clark went through all the heroes whose identities were known to him, then went through the heroes with identities he didn't know. "Well Batman always wears a led-lined mask, and if he was rich that would make sense...But he's always a grump and Bruce Wayne is probably the most social person I've ever met, and Batman couldn't be that good of an actor. Plus Batman's parents died when he was a boy, that's all he's ever told me at least and Bruce Wayne's parent are probably alive and on some cruise ship right now."

Clark had become so lost in these thoughts he hadn't noticed the time, 6:45. He had only 15 minutes to get to the restaurant, sure he could sneak in some Super-speed but still he had to go. Brushing the thoughts out of his head he ran out the door and down to the street.

With fast paced walking and a little Super-speed here and there Clark got to the restaurant. He had about 5 minutes to spare, and Lois was already waiting outside the doors. As Clark had guessed she was wearing a long red dress with no straps, her black hair was done up in a lose bun. When she saw Clark approaching her red lips curled to a smirk.

"My, My you sure got dressed up for this occasion didn't you Clark?" She let out a small chuckle.

Clark adjusted his glasses and replied with a simple "Shut up".

And as Clark guessed, a smart black limousine pulled out the front of the restaurant. A slim old man stepped out of the drivers seat and opened the passenger door, A bulky security guard stepped out followed by Bruce Wayne and then another security guard.

Bruce was wearing a black suit and overcoat along with a white shirt underneath with a tie done up nicely, with dark grey pants and shiny black shoes to top it off. Seeing Bruce Wayne's attire made Lois lightly nudge Clark in the arm. Great, like Clark had guessed he'd be the one who was completely underdressed for the occasion.

"Sorry for my tardy entrance Mr Kent and Ms Lane, shall we go in?" Bruce strode past the two and Clark and Lois followed, with the security guards close behind. Clark pulled out his note pad and pen.

"Don't tell me you're hear to actually interview him?" Lois laughed. "I'm just here for the good food and eye-candy."

"I guess so..." He put the notepad and pen away in his pocket. He looked up to Bruce at the restaurant's reservation desk. As he was talking to the lady at the counter something clicked in his mind, just like that all the pieces came together in his head...

Bruce Wayne, was Batman.