Chapter Three

My eyes slowly open. I'm in my bed. Was it all a dream? Was today my actual first day here? I had no idea. But i suddenly felt power surge through my body. I heard a voice in the back of my head. 'I'm your inner wolf. Let me handle things.' My inner wolf?

Then all i felt was pain, and i blacked out. About five minutes later I was outside. I started running for the woods, but I wasn't in control. Then, when i was out of sight of home, it happened. I howled and transformed. I ran faster, and i was closer to the ground. I felt stronger. Then i stopped. And when I did, I was at that house from my dream. Or at least i think it was a dream. But this, is real.

I howl, and hear four howls back. Then, Kat, Jason, Ben, and Scarlet, walk of the house. They look at me. Kat smiles.

"It worked." She said with a grin. At that moment, i realized i had strangely good hearing. I was about 20 yards away from where Kat stood, and I heard her. She technically whispered it. Then, i realized I was only seeing in black and white.

Kat and Jason walked over to me.

"Lydia, welcome to the pack." She said, as she put her hand out to shake. At that moment, i went to normal hight, normal hearing, and my vision was back to normal. I put my hand out and shook hers. She smiled, in a shady kind of way. "You're going to need some training."

"Training for what?" She and Jason looked at me, puzzled.

"Training to perfecting your wolf side." She said, still puzzled. Like I should know that.

"My wolf side?" Like in my head, that voice.

"You're a werewolf now, Lydia. You have to learn how to shift when you want, control your wolf, and be like us." She pointed back to the others. "And maybe find your mate."

"My mate?" She smiled at me. Then she walked me inside. We walked downstairs again. But the room was different. No circle. "What happened?" I ask.

"The circle only appears when the Alpha has found a new pack member."

"Okay, well I've read a lot of werewolf books, so I know what the Alpha is. But, how do I control my wolf? It brought me here, i think." She looked at me in disgust.

"SHE, not IT. You're wolf came here for a reason. You need training." We trained for hours. Shifting, easy. Controlling my wolf, not so much. But, i got the hang of it. I can talk back to her. And if I tell her to shut up, or stop, she might. But she was really pushy about it. To shift, I told myself to shift. I just did it. I don't really know how it happens, it just does.

"Okay. So I think I got it." I said. Kat smiled.

"Good. I am the Alpha. Your trainer, and your leader. Jason, is my mate. We stick together and love one another for eternity. When you find your mate, you must leave them if they are from an enemy pack. I'm sorry, but you must. And when you graduate, you will be a full time werewolf. You will live with us, in this house. We have your room ready, we just wait for you. Now, go back home. Meet us here again tomorrow. When you wake up. Try and control your wolf." I shake my head, still processing.

"Okay. I got it. Tomorrow is Sunday?" She shook her head. "I have church." She smirked.

"Wolves are rebels. We don't go to church." I smiled. I shifted and headed off.