Just my luck- Chapter One

"Ugghhhh!" That was the sound of me half-shrieking, half-complaining. Why? I missed the stupid, smelly, cheese-whiz colored bus! #NotCool! I trudged along, the dirty rugged street. Why can't they pave the dumb roads around here? I complained silently to myself. Step after step, on the nasty road, I finally made it to the living nightmare. Middle school. It's hard to comprehend how they think sending us here will benefit us emotionally. I guess sitting through six boring classes will improve our patience and all, but seriously? I can learn patience from trying not to strangle my little brother when he blames stuff on me! Besides, it's not like I exactly have that much friends I can talk to either. For most people four would be an okay amount, but when 2 of them are rarely there when you need them, is that really a good amount? Personally I find the whole idea of friends exhausting. When you have problems with them you have to work them out. Which takes FOREVER. Then, if friends disrespect you, you have to go talk to them to figure it all out! Which also takes FOREVER! Another thing I hate about middle school, is learning! I mean when has any successful adult ever said "Man. It's a good thing I studied algebra!" ? None! Unless they are an accountant or something boring like that. I unlocked my locker and headed to English.

"Ella? You're late. " Mrs. Angeli announced.

"Sorry Mrs." I replied.

"Don't let it happen again. " Mrs. Angeli sighed.

"As I was saying class, we have an assignment coming up. You have to record your feelings, thoughts and experiences in a notebook. Pretend like it's your diary. I promise I won't share anything that's in there." Mrs. Angeli informed.

"When do we start it?" When is it due?" Adrena (the world's biggest teacher's pet) asked.

"You can start it any time. It's not due until the week before the last day of school. "

"Where's the grading rubric?" Adrena asked quizzically.

"There is none." Mrs. Angeli said, and left it at that. The bell rang and classes came and went. What am I going to do about the English project? I'm so lame! Mrs. Angeli will have nothing to read but boring garbage! I hope I don't fail... I thought as I sat down on the bus.