"W-wait! You're both going to be fighting?" Kagome asked.

"Yes. The more danger you are in, the quicker you will learn. Fill free to use anything you have," Itachi's eyes flicked to the sword by her side. Kagome sighed and rubbed her head.

"What do you say we put out training last night to the test, eh Tenseiga?" Kagome whispered to the sword who hummed in response. Kagome drew Tenseiga and took on the her fighting stance. Drawing her foot back and bringing her sword in front of her.

Itachi ran at her with his kunai in his hand. She gulped and took a deep breath. His kunai met Tenseiga. Kagome let her energy flow through the sword, leaving a crack in the small kunai.

Itachi jumped away from her and stared at the crack on the kunai.

The battle continued, only stopping for a few short minutes for a break. Kagome was gaining more and more awareness skills as well as combat skills.

She had landed a few punches on Shisui, of course using her Miko energy to give it a boost.

Dawn quickly approached.

Kagome managed one more blow on Shisui, knocking him to the ground.

Itachi ran at Kagome once more. She raised her fist and aimed for his gut. He ducked and swiped her feet out from beneath her then pinned her to the ground, hands above her head. He smirked down at her. They were only inches apart.

"You were better than I thought. I underestimated you," he commented.

"You cheated!" Kagome pointed out.

"How so?" he raised an eyebrow.

"If you hadn't used your Sharingan then I would have landed a blow on you!" she said. The only hit she got on him was with a kunai he had dropped. She threw it at him while he was distracted and it grazed his cheek.

"If I was the enemy, you'd be dead. The enemy will use any means necessary to get what they want," he told her. She went to cross her arms, but found they were pinned above her head.

It was this moment that the two of them realized the situation they were in. He stared down at her as she stared at him. Kagome actually got the chance to look into his eyes for the first time. They were soft and gentle, yet also had a dangerous look at them.

Itachi suddenly found himself leaning down inching closer and closer.

They were now a mere centimeter apart.

"That really hurt Kagome," Shisui groaned snapping them back into reality. Itachi blinked and released Kagome. He held a hand out for her to take and she took it, allowing him to pull her to her feet.

"Sorry Shisui," Kagome said, smiling a bit.

"Come on. Let's go home," Itachi said, avoiding eye contact with Kagome. Kagome's knees wobbled a little before she felt herself begin to fall.

"Kagome!" Shisui went to catch her, but Itachi had beat him to it, swooping her into his arms bridal style.

"Hey!" she protested. "I can walk on my own!"

"Didn't seem like it," Itachi looked at Shisui. "Are you coming?"

"Huh? Yeah." He followed Itachi to his house, giving his best friend an envious glance every now and then.

Kagome crossed her arms as she was carried by Itachi, but then she sighed and relaxed a little. She snuck a glance up at him.

"Was he... About to kiss me?" she thought to herself, a blush staining her cheeks. "I was going to let him!"