What We Could've Been - |For Annie|

Start from the beginning

"Harry, Liam, Zayn, Niall!" I giggled, squeezing them all tightly. 

"Where's Louis?" I asked amongst the rambling laughter and the rushed chatter. As I spoke, the noise seemed to fade out until it stopped completely, and all four boys were exchanging horrified looks as if they were afraid of something. 

"He's..." Niall started, but was soon cut off. For I'd had already shaken them off, my eyes locked on something.

There, in the midst of the crowd, was Louis. Hands dug deep in his pockets, hair tousled to perfection, and that beautiful sheepish grin spread across his pink tinted cheeks. The other people that surrounded him seemed to fade out of my point of view, because the boy that I'd hadn't seen for so long, was standing right in front of me.  And the only thing that kept me from embracing that wonderful man and rushing into his arms, was the fact that the long spread of space between them was too great. 

"Louis," I breathed softly, the breath whooshing out of my lungs. My sparkling eyes unable to turn away, I slowly, drifted away from the four boys who watched, mesmerised, to get closer. As the gap between me and Louis became merely inches, I froze. 

"Hello, Annie." Louis said casually. " 'S been awhile." 

I sniffled, tears burning in my eyes. With one final choked sob, I had snapped forward, attaching myself firmly to the boy before me. As I held tightly to Louis, I felt a strong pair of arms wrap around me. They brought me closer until I was pressed up against the older man's chest, tucking my head into the crook of Louis' shoulder. 

"Oh, my sweet Annie," Louis whispered, pulling me back to gaze into my eyes. "How I've missed you so."

-END OF FLASHBACK

-x-

"It wasn't supposed to just end like that," I sighed, my line of sight cast down at my  fingers folded over  my lap.

"Elaborate. Tell me more about him." The man said slowly. I started to fidget uncomfortably. 

"I don't know.."  

"Please, Arian- 

"Annie." 

"Annie," The man corrected himself, "You must understand. The more you tell me more about him, the more I will be able help you."  

I hesitated a moment, my mouth opening around the exact words I wanted to say. My fingers twitched madly, and my tongue rolled over my lips, nervously. A million thoughts burst through my mind furiously, each one arguing a different statement, a different opinion. 

That is, until I finally let out a deep sigh and shut off my mind completely, forcing myself to finally look up from my lap. I met eyes with the man before I spoke, and that enough started to make my stomach turn into a nervous flip flop. But still, I somehow managed to find the courage. 

"You know, though he didn't know it, Louis was actually a great cook. It was and still is one of my fondest memories, whenever he cooked for me." 

-x-

-FLASHBACK-

 "BABE!" Louis screamed, his pounding footsteps running down the hall. I scowled and raised the pillow over my head, hiding my face from the inevitable.

"Time to get up! Get up, get up!" Louis sang as he burst into our room. He marched over the carpet towards my side of the bed. In a haze I moaned and flopped over in bed, snuggling into the sheets. 

That is, until I felt the blankets violently being ripped from my  warm body. A rush of cold air washed over my skin, prickling goosebumps over my surface.