Why DId That Squirel Run Up THIS Tree?

"Oh shit!" I whispered under my breath. I stood there frozen for a minute, just staring at Sebastion. Then he started yelling again.

"I found a girl in the tree! She's been watching us the whole time!" he yelled to no one in particular.

"What? A spy!" Darren yelled back, running torwards us.

"I don't know. Most likely."

At this point I was jumping for a tree branch that was next to me. When I got a solid grip on it I pulled myself up and got ready to jump for the next one. I could still hear them yelling after me but did't dare turn around. On the next branch my foot accidently slipped when I jumped and I barely caught the branch with one hand. I tried to get my other hand on it but I fell instead. I tried to breack my fall by grabbing onto branches. When I finally hit the ground I felt like I hit every braanch o the way down and most likely did.

"Ow. Ow. Ow." I said to myself as I slowly got up. I checked for broken bones and when I found none, started running away from the camp. I could hear them running after me but didn't waste my time looking back to see how close they were. All of a sudden, I was tackled from the side by one of the guys.I looked up to see it was Conor that was holding me. I tried kicking him and punching him but he just kneeled on my legs and held my arms above my head. This postion put his head close to mine so I decided to head butt him. He quickly let go of me to grab his head.

"FUCK! That fucking hurt!" he yelled at me.

I quickly got up and started running again. I didn't get far when I was tackled aain, this time by Darren. He flipped me over and put my hands behind my back. I tried to kick him from behind but he just sat on my legs.

"Arthur! Get me some rope!" He yelled over his shoulder. Arthur came running over with thick, rough rope. Darren took it and tied my hands behind my back and then got up. I jumped up without using my hands and tested the rope. It didn't budge so I tried to run since they dodn't tie my feet. That plan was stopped very shortly when Darren pulled a long piece of rope that was attached to my hands. I fell backwards with a loud umph.

"There's no point in trying to run away. We will just catch you again." said Darren in a dry voice. I glared at him as I again jumped to my feet with no hands.

"This girl has a hard head." Conor said as he made his way over while still holding his head. I smirked at him but remained silent. They all circled around me and stared at me.

"She doesn't look like a spy to me." Conor said, tilting his head to the side.

"The point of having a spy is for them to blend in with their surroundings and get information. They don't WANT to look like spys." Arthur explained to Conor. I was guessing that Conor was the new guy in the group and still had a lot to learn.

"What's your name anyway?" Jacob asked, speaking for the first time.I just glared at them and didn't say anything.

"I just had a thought," Conor said. "What if she doesn't speak English?" EVryone started to stare at me again. I rolled my eyes at them and looked at the sky.

"I get a feling that she does understand English she just doesn't want to take to us." Arthur said with amusement in his voice. "Why don't you tell us what your name is? It's not like we can cast a spell on you if we know it." He told me.

I sighed and finally gave in. "My name is Mel and I am NOT a spy. Can I go back to my village now?" I tried to make my voice as sarcastic as I could. Darren looked like he didn't believe me one bit.

"How do WE know your not a spy?" he asked me.

"Because I just told you I wasn't." I answered him with a smile. I heard coughing and turned to see Sebastion, Arthur, and Jacob trying to hide their smiles. Darren scowled at me but then smiled.

"Well I'm sorry to say that I don't really trust you Mel. I guess, since we don't know if you're a spy or not, we are just going to have to take you as a prisinor." he said with a sweet smile on his face.

My jaw dropped. "Wh-what! No! No way am I going with you guys!" I exclaimed.

"It's either that or we have to kill you so you can't bring important information to our enemies." he told me with a serious tone. God damn it! I thought. All I wanted to do was enjoy a nice day by the lake! I glared at all of them.

"Fine I'll go with you guys."

"Great choice Mel! Oh and by the way, do you know how to cook? Sebastion is great and all but, he only knows how to cook two things." Jacob told me with a huge smile on his face.

"Hey! It's not MY fault my mum only taught me two recipies!" Sebastion said trying to defend himself.

I rolled my eyes at them. "So really I'm going to be your slave is that it?" They looked at each other and after a few seconds nodded at me. "Great," I said under my breath. "Wasn't this a fucking perfect day."