My Brother is Stupid

Start from the beginning

Even I don't do that, when I have similar taste buds with her.

Growing up eating Onii-sama's food and many of my parents' cooking has made me quite sensitive with my food.

I could tell who has talent and who doesn't, at the first glance of their dishes.

Of course, wanting to sample the dish is another problem for me.

I have absolutely no interest in ugly platters.

Again, this had to be my parents' fault for always drilling me the aesthetic parts of cooking, resulting in my interest for savorying different dishes to change into my love for pastries.

Though recently, I'm starting to try more dishes made by various cooks... reluctantly if I may add.

Why do they have to make me critic their dishes anyway? They have Erina-sama for that.

...Putting Erina-sama aside, Alice-sama is someone that I can get along with quite well.

Her quirks are all very funny, and she is very determined to get what she wants hers.

Such persistence is admirable.

Of course, I like Erina-sama too(when she's not being a strict critic) though Alice-sama is more likable, personality wise.

I actually enjoy the Nakiris' presence for quite a fair bit, although they have to deepen their sense of sympathy. They all have an utter lack of it.

I have seen, with my own two eyes, how the whole family had trashed a cook so badly, he had no more guts to even touch a kitchen knife.

Poor guy.

My attention was immediately diverted from my self-musing as two empty plates clattered onto the table.

What- Did I just missed the entire thing???

You have to be kidding me! Even the dishes have already ran off from their plates!

What have I been doing? The atmosphere around me started to be dense with negative aura as I bathed in self-despair.

Though I could probably guess what they had cook-the time they had used to cook, the ingredients I smelt from the kitchen; lemons, fish, baking powder, table salt, seasonings and such.

I had hoped to be the judge of the two dishes after they had completed in their respective cooking, but I nooo I just had to miss my timed entrance!

...Ignoring my self-loathing, I was curious to how Onii-sama would judge Megishima-sama's Fish&Chips.

Leaning forward, my two hands gripped onto the metal door in excitement.

...

...

UWAAA!!!

I've never seen Onii-sama smiling so brightly before!

Why is he smiling so widely? Is it because of the man beside you?

Nooo!!! This is so frustrating! Megishima Tosuke! How dare you be in the presence of such holy smile?

Stop looking at Onii-sama like you have just won a notable trophy!

I-I... even I can cook dishes that would make Onii-sama's eyes sparkle with glee!

I gritted my teeth as Onii-sama started to compliment Megishima Tosuke-sama's dish, as the other party did the same.

Onii-sama's smile...Onii-sama's smile... ...Doesn't only belong to Anju anymore...

Having realised that, my heart broke into pieces.

I sniffed my tears back as I realised that Onii-sama having friends should have been something that I had to commemorate, but...

I don't want to share him with anyone!

Not with his classmates, not with his fans, not with his friends, especially not with Megishima Tosuke!

Not being able to bear the sadness of knowing that I cannot be the only one that Onii-sama takes note off, I turned my heels and ran.

Away from the kitchen where Onii-sama's heartful compliments could be heard.

Away from the kitchen that is currently bringing me into negativity.

In my hurry, I hadn't notice a student running in my direction, and bumped into him who had wild spikey brown hair with blonde bangs.

Losing my footing, I landed onto him as he let out a sound of pain.

"Omph!" Both of us cried out, as he hit the floor, and I hit his chest.

I quickly brought myself up such that instead of lying on him, I was sitting on him instead.

When he opened his eye, orange tinted brown eyes glared at me before he blinked in surprised.

"Are you crying-"

Before he could complete his sentence, I had already unattached myself from him and was prepared to run off.

"I apologise!" I bowed at the male lying on all fours and ran.

"Kuga! What are you doing on the floor?" I heard a teacher's voice from behind.

I didn't stay long enough to hear his reply, but I didn't care. My mind was filled with Onii-sama enjoying himself with his new found friend, forgetting all about his sister.

Blinking my tears back, I saw a familiar silhouette approaching.

Being the only person other than Onii-sama I am close to, I hope she doesn't mind this action of mine. With great reluctance, I open my arms wide out and latched onto the figure.

"Wha-" came a surprised cry as I rubbed my teary face against her uniform.

A sigh was heard and a soothing hand started to rub my hair.

"What's wrong?" Came Rindo-sama's question.

"Onii-sama is stupid." I replied her, burying myself into her arms.

Onii-sama is stupid.

I repeated in my mind.

.'.'.

A/N: Anju is still 9 years old, and she yearns for someone to love her. And that person who had constantly supplied her love is now diverging his attention to his schoolmates. How would she feel when the brother she thought only loved her is opening up to the rest of the world?

Do forgive Anju for acting too dramatic.