Eunoia.

Eunoia - (n.) beautiful thinking, a well mind.

Oswald laid on his bed, in the corner of his tiny room. His hands and fingers intertwined perfectly together. He gazed up at the many detailed drawings of birds messily pinned on his wall, thinking of the girl. How her soaking wet auburn hair fell around her face bringing out her dark eyes and how these features would look glistening in the sunshine. He smiled and let his mind take him to a safe place which he rarely got to see.

*

Meanwhile, Grace Finn is leaving The Pearl, where she works the nightsift as a bar tender on the nicer side of Gotham. She's quite clumsy and has a terrible memory but the job pays very well. The moon peaked through the leaving grey clouds as she stepped out of the warm, dimly lit lounge into the cold. Her hair swirled around her face as she turned and started to walk to her apartment.

Grace walked hastily up the old wooden stairs of her building, eager to take a hot shower and get some sleep. She pushed open her door and shut it with her foot, undressing as she walked to the bathroom, bumping into almost everything on her way. She turned her shower on and started to take off her makeup. She stepped into the shower and took a deep breath as the hot water embraced her body.

*

Oswald sank down in the bathtub, holding his breath as he let himself sink under the warm water. His mind clouded with thoughts of his rivals and what to do next to uphold his steep climb to the throne of Gotham. But, in the back of his mind, the unknown girl lingered. He instantaneously pulled himself above the water, gasping as he ran his fingers through his thin hair. His mother, Gertrud knocked on the door, "Oswald, darling! Are you alright?" she asked in her worn out, worried tone of voice. "Yes mother, I'm fine." Oswald snapped, slightly riled at his mother for interrupting his thoughts.

-

Hello! I hope you liked this part! If you didn't get it, the " * " in between paragraphs are a type of POV change, I thought it was pretty easy to figure out who I was writing about at the time and I didn't want to write "Grace's POV/ Oswald's POV" each time I changed it!

Please vote & comment feedback! Thank you! :)