THE COLOR OF DEATH

Start from the beginning

.

We reached our classroom and decided to sit at the back. On the left side of the classroom near the professor's table was a crowd of my block mates circling Devonne. I'm not surprised, she may be considered the hottest sassy girl in our section. I heard she's boasting how awesome her summer was and the other kids were just like, "So jealous. It must have been fun."

"It is," Devonne raised an eyebrow. "Our family went to visit Taj Mahal and the scenery was just aesthetic. I'm sure you guys can't afford to go there."

"Bitch!" Ethan whispered.

I tried to peek out of my glasses and looked to Devonne's color, "Bright orange as usual."

"Orange?" Ethan asked.

"She's lying."

"Oh! Should I have said 'bitcher'?" We giggled. "I should have known that she's not the richest, but the bitchest." We tried to control our laughs but we can't.

I felt someone's presence glaring at us and yes, it was Devonne. "Oh, oh... she's turning red, look away Ethan."

It was when our professor walked in the classroom, our terror prof. Everyone turned purple for a moment and I've decided to put my glasses on for I felt the pain starts to creep within. But before that, I caught a glimpse on my professor's color.

"Hey Ethan, remember the project you need to submit but you can't because it's already past deadline? Submit it later. Miss Em's a little bit blue but she's way yellow than before."

"But you said she's a little bit blue, that means she's sad. Wait, she's sad!?" His face showed confusion. Me either. Miss Em is not the type of person to be sad 'coz she's always red, but there are really days where she's blue.

"It's okay, the color yellow is stronger than the blue, just try to be more polite and flash a smile when you approach her."

.

Classes ended. Ethan let me go home first saying that he had stuffs to do aside from meeting Miss Em.

I was walking down the street few blocks before I reached my dorm when I found myself indulged on my own thoughts. I shook it off when I saw something on my peripherals, a color. I looked to my left and saw an old lady sitting on a bench. She was looking at the birds up at the sky with her blue eyes. Her face is full of wrinkles and her hair is streaked with a lot of silver lines. Stunned by the the ravishing old lady, I almost forgot that I wanted to check out what she's thinking and too see what her mood is, what aura she emits, what color is she.

Taking off my glasses, my eyes saw something different, "I've never seen this color before." Going back I realized that I pretty much have seen all the colors except for this one. I rubbed my eyes thinking I might have seen a mirage, but it isn't. She was absolutely emitting an aura of the color green.

Oh yeah, my notepad. I pulled out the notepad I created to list the colors I have seen so far and the analysis I made based on my own observations. Red relates with anger, blue with gloominess, pink with romantic stuffs, yellow with happiness and all the upbeat vibes, purple when frightened, orange as a sign of lie, brown when disgusted, but green? This is the first time I saw the color green.

I looked back at her once again and noticed that from bright green, the color gradually faints into a darker shade of green. I wonder what it meant.

.

The next morning, I was awoken by an exasperating sound, my ringtone (not my alarm, I don't have classes today so whose bothering my eternal slumber?). Reaching out my phone, I slid my finger on my phone to answer the call without looking at it, "Who the fuck is this? You're just succeeded in interrupting my eternal rest!"