Chapter 4

" Chris ... "

Hmm

" Chris .. come on wake up "

mhm ... I growled at the person calling my name.

" come on Jake it's still early ... let me sleep " I said to him while shifting comfortably on my bed.

" who's Jake? "

My eyes shot open and my body suddenly jumped up from the bed. I am idiot. I stared at Evan as he too was staring at me with an unreadable expression.

" uhm ... how long have you been there? " I asked him with a nervous expression

" a few minutes ago so who's Jake? " he asked his eyebrow raised at me.

I am so dead. " oh him .. well .. uhh ... a friend of mine? " a friend really? How lame can my excuse get.

" a friend? By the way you talk he's not just your friend " Evan answered. Is it just me or did his voice sound cold.

" uh .. yes he is my friend and just so you know he is like a brother to me ... more like a mother " I made sure to mumble the few last words so he wont hear them.

Evan didn't answer, he just stared at me with that expreasion of his.

" what? Why are you staring at me like that and why are you here? "

He frowned at my questions " I came to wake you up we're at Algaia but it looks to me that you didn't want to be disturb from your sleep "

" well it wasn't ny fault that I was tired from all the chores that I've done .. I mean really it was very tiring I had to clean the entire ship ... The entire ship! For oh... I don't know .. Four straight days!! Seriously? My body is aching all over sometimes It makes me wonder if you're doing this on purpose " I snapped at him, I know he's the captain and I shouldn't be saying this but come on I'm still human I get tired too you know.

What happened next was totally out of my control. It all happened so fast that I didn't know how to react. I found myself lying on the bed again with both of my hands pinned above and with Evan hovering all over me.

" what the hell? " I was cut off when Evan suddenly ran a finger on my jaw line up to my chin. Tilting my head up so his eyes could meet mine.

" I wasn't the one who asked to be taken along by a bunch pirates right? " he said to me with that usual smirk on his face " but hey since you find it tiring to be doing all these chores .... " he trailed off leaning closer towards my ear " how about I ask you to do a different type of ' job ' " my body shivered. The sound of his voice and the way he said it made my body tremble and my strength disappear.

" g-get off of me " I struggle under his hold

" why? I thought you wanted a different job so I'll give you a new one "

" don't screw with me!! Just because I owe you one doesn't mean you can do as you please " I shot back at him giving him a glare

Evan raised an eyebrow at me before letting out a sigh " if you have time to complain I suggest you use it to get ready rather than dreaming about a certain guy " was all he said before letting me go " We're leaving the ship so get ready " with that he left me on the bed completely clueless of what just happened.

" what's his problem? "

**************

I got out of my quarters after getting ready for whatever it is that we were going to do. Everyone on the ship was already heading down so I followed them.