Chapter Two

Three uploads in a day! I'm on a roll!

Thank you to all those you are encouraging me to continue! This chapter is for you guys! Hope you enjoy it!

[Two]

*Shaye*

February 2, 2054

"You what?!" I hiss at my dad, storming into the house behind him.

My father frowns, running a hand along his face before he turns to look at me. At that moment, I scold myself for being so inconsiderate. He wasn't in the mood for my childish antics. He just wants everything to be calm, tranquil. I can see it in his eyes.

Yes, well I don't want Colton Daigle in my house. I retort to myself, rolling my eyes.

"I invited them over. It's best Nile and I discuss-" I cut my dad off, waving my hands in the air. He drops his hands from signing, letting out a huff.

"No. They killed Mom!" I shout.

"They had nothing to do with her death. If you'd just give them a chance..." My father says, hopeful and exhausted. He wants this day to be over. As do I. So why did he invite Sex Muffin and his brother over?

Sex Muffin?

"You give your trust so easily."

"I am not giving my trust. I am giving them an opportunity. I don't want anymore rivalries... Any more pain."

I sit down on the armchair in the living room, letting out an exaggerated sigh. This can't be happening.

"He is your mate..."

"Which is exactly why I don't want to see him." I throw my hands in the air. My father groans... I can tell by the way he rolls his eyes and his chest heavies, his shoulders drop.

My fathers eyes drift from me to the back door, causing me to spin around and jump to my feet at the same time. I come face to face with Nile Daigle. He has no emotion on his face, all business as he walks over and shakes my fathers hand. "Hello, Alpha Lucas. I am so sorry for your loss." Nile spares me a glance, nodding slightly before stepping aside. "This is my mate, Stella."

My father shakes her hand as well. I just stand on the sidelines, struggling to read their lips as they speak to my dad. It's hard to catch what they say since I am only getting their profiles. "...brother, Colton." I tense, eyes darting to the door once again to see him...

Sex Muffin... Tall, slim but built, tan with beach blond hair and dazzling blue eyes. His afternoon shadow looks absolutely stunning on him, really showing off his age. His hands are stuffed in his pockets again as he enters the house, his head slightly bowed. He peeks up at me through his long lashes, tossing me a lopsided smirk before he pulls out a hand and greets my father.

I could stare at him all day long.

I feel a thump on my arm and I look to see my father nod his head in earnest to Colton. Blinking, I turn to face him. "Hello, Shaye." His lips move slowly, which I am grateful for. Even though I am well-versed in reading lips, I was too dazed staring at how kissable they were to actually read what he said.

"Hello, Sex Muffin." I whisper. My eyes widen and I quickly recover, "Colton. I meant Colton."

Good recover. I scold myself.

Colton smiles like an idiot, showing off his perfectly aligned, white teeth. What a smile...

Mason instantly enters the room, stepping up beside me as he glowers at Colton. Colton quirks an eyebrow, the smile never leaving his face as his eyes dart between me and my brother. "You must be Mason. Nice to meet you." Colton holds out a hand, however Mason just snarls, clenching his hands into fists.