1. New York

MAINE

First Destination: New York.

You might ask: why the Big Apple? Here's why: Richard is some part American, and I love New York. I used to work in New York as an intern at the Sagamore. Upon discussion, NYC came up first on our list and so New York it is.

Thankfully, we both had connections, that acquiring a two-bedroom loft like this one was easy.

New York is going to be a breeze.

I woke up rather early, considering I was having a horrible headache. I decided I would shower first before getting on with breakfast. The warm water was enough to awaken my senses. I then stole one of his button-up shirts, the hem falling right over my knees; the sleeves completely loose. I didn't care.

Right after, I padded into the kitchen, barefoot (very Filipino, if I may say so).

Last night, he and I filled the fridge and the pantry with fresh produce and other groceries, enough to last us through the week. I probably have everything I need to make pancakes for breakfast.

- - - - -

ALDEN

I woke to the small noise coming from the kitchen- the sizzle of the pan, the faint revving of- a hand mixer? A blender? I didn't know. My mind was still blank as I had just woken up.

Stretching for a bit, I slid off bed after. Walking towards the window, I peered down, watching the people bustle about in the streets of New York. I suddenly missed the jam-packed schedules back home, but I doubt I'd want anything more than this time I'm spending with her.

And speaking of her..

I exited my room and walked towards the kitchen, where I found her, busy inside. The smell of freshly made pancakes wafted towards me, and I'd be lying if I said it wasn't at all enticing. Because it really was- especially since she's the one making it.

I took a step forward, eyes fixed on her- forget about my messy hair and unkempt clothes. I couldn't fight the urge, and so I let myself embrace her from behind; my arms coiled around her waist, chin resting on her shoulder as I turned my face towards her neck, against which I pressed it.

"Ah-" she gasped. And by the way her tone changed after, I knew she was smiling. "..good morning. Did you sleep well?"

"Mm, medyo masakit lang ulo ko, pero okay lang." I paused, fingers fumbling with the fabric of the shirt she's wearing. "Akin 'to ah."

"What's yours is mine," she teased, a hand messing my already tousled hair. "Kain na tayo."

"Ano meron?"

"Pancakes with bananas and blueberries. Choice of cream or honey."

I smiled brightly, dimple denting my cheek.

I'm starting to love New York all the more.