Chapter 4 - She's On The Hunt

Start from the beginning

“Too much loving guys, way too much,” I spoke up while trying to hide my grin.

Brody scoffed loudly, “There is never too much loving Eva.”

“Nah, I'm agreeing with baby sis’ on this one – this is too much,“ Harper gasped slightly as Brody tightened his arms around us even more – how he even managed to reach all the way around us is just plain old confusing.

“I'm not a baby,” I huffed loudly while pushing against Brody’s arms and unlocking them before jumping back with a huge smug grin on my face as he frowned at me.

“I liked you before that thing mated with you,” he grumbled and my grin dropped while my cheeks heated up – I hated how they all can talk so easily about what I do in my private life.

“Shut up,” I cried in embarrassment.

Brody smirked and opened his mouth to retaliate which would have been him just trying to embarrass me even more but Harper cut him off, “C’mon, let’s go find this Alpha What’s-his-name.”

“Sims,” Brody and I echoed at the same time as well as both rolling our eyes but I bet him to the famous punch line;

“Personal jinks! No talking until I say so!” I shouted and pointed a finger in his direction with a grin.

Brody groaned loudly, “Who plays that anymore?”

I leapt at him with a clenched fist, swinging it straight into the side of his arm and punching him as hard as I could. He groaned loudly and quickly started rubbing at it while I stood there watching him try to keep the pain off his face, “I do,” I replied with a soft laugh.

“Like I said Eva – baby,” Harper grinned walking past me towards the small gate in the old iron fence which I hadn’t noticed before when I first arrived here.

“Hey, big kids play it all the time too you know!” I called out after him as Brody and I started to follow – him being silent which made me smile.

“Yeah? Like who?” Harper called back over his shoulder, smirking slightly before he almost tripped over a tree root sticking out the ground which naturally caused me to roar into laughter along with Brody, who I turned and faced and punched in the arm again.

“Laughing is a sound bro’,” I grinned.

He glared daggers at me while waving and pointing his arms around madly - trying his best to silently communicate with me but I played dumb, “What? I can’t hear you? Speak up boy.”

“I'm surrounded by children,” Harper grumbled from further up ahead and I glanced over at Brody who had also heard and stopped waving his arms around like a chicken with its head cut off. His eyes narrowed at the back of Harper’s head and he opened his mouth to say something but he must have caught sight of my fist clenching up and closed it real quick.

Instead of defending himself with words he bent down and picked up a small rock which he then pelted at Harpers back who screamed blue murder as he reached behind to rub the spot while turning around to glare at us. Brody instantly pointed at me while my eyes bugged wide, “Like heck you are blaming me,” I scoffed and pointed dramatically at him.

‘Now can you see why you three are separated when we run?’ Saxon’s slightly amused tone filled my mind and I instantly grinned without meaning too.

Wiping the massive grin off of my face and pretending to be serious, ‘No, I still don't see why.’

I swear he rolled his eyes at me, I didn’t see it but the small sigh he did is one he always does with an eye roll – ew, since when did I begin to know so much about him?