I swallowed and slowly stood up. Bending over, I picked the envelope up with a shaky hand. It was addressed to a Mr. Kai Moonhowl. I swallowed the lump in my throat and opened it up. Inside was an invitation which read:

Dear Mr. Moonhowl,

            Please come join us in the mourning of our beloved princess, Galatea Maverly on this day, January 16th at one P.M. Your presence will be greatly appreciated. We all know Princess Galatea would want you to show up so please come and send your condolences. A seat will be saved for you and your family. Thank you for placing a part in Galatea’s life. She will forever be in our hearts.

            ~ The King and Queen

I dropped the paper and the envelope. My legs collapsed underneath me and I landed on my bed.

She’s gone.

She’s really gone.

My bottom lip quivered and something caught the corner of my eye. I looked down at the envelope and saw something else inside of it. I grabbed the envelope and emptied it out on my bed. There were three pieces of paper inside folded up and a picture.

I grabbed the picture and felt like I was being stabbed in the chest. It was the picture that had been next to Tea’s bed; the one of us dancing together the first night I stayed with her at the castle. We were staring directly into each other’s eyes as I held onto her tightly.

I grabbed the papers and opened them all up, reading them each. The first was a note from Phillip.

Dear Kai,

            I can’t believe you just left like that dude what’s your problem? I know you’re in pain but we all are! Just….do me a favor Kai. Don’t do anything stupid please. I don’t like you that much because...ya know you and my sister were…I’m never going to get used to saying that…you guys are mates. Which technically makes you my brother-in-law. And I look out for my family. So don’t do anything I wouldn’t do. By the way, Jackie says hi and she hopes you come visit your “niece”. Please be careful Kai. My sister would kill me if something happened to you. Come visit us soon okay?

            ~ With brotherly love, Phillip

The second note was from Zin.

Kai,

            I’m sorry about everything Kai. I know you’re probably in so much pain right now….I can’t even imagine what it feels like man. To have your heart, broken. I wish I could go back and change everything. We all do. We miss Galatea so much but can never compare ourselves to what you’re feeling. Your feelings are one hundred times stronger than ours. I hope you come to the ceremony tomorrow. You need to Kai. It’ll help with the grieving process. And Kai? Don’t beat yourself up. This isn’t your fault. It isn’t anyone’s fault. Galatea just decided to save you. She would’ve done the same thing for anyone else. You and I and everyone living knows it too. Just like I said Kai, Tea is truly a loving spirit. Take care of yourself Kai ya here? Don’t do anything stupid man. And come visit us real soon okay? We miss you.

            ~ Your brother, Zin