"Em. Look at me." I said as I brought my hands to her cheeks, forcing her to look at me. "Everything will be fine. By the time we get to the forest, the others will probably already be on their way. But for right now, we need to leave."

Her eyes searched mine as if looking for answers but I had none. We both had no idea how tonight would fan out but I wasn't going to let that effect me. If she doesn't turn then I would be there for her and if she does turn, then I would still be there by her side.

"Let's go."

--Emily's POV:

The car ride to the forest was completely silent. Neither Sean nor I said a single word until we reached the entrance of the forest and parked the car. It was ery and unnerving.

It wasn't long before Sean and I were cautiously walking through the dark forest towards the old Hale estate. Sean had told me as soon as we got out of the car that we needed to hurry because there would be hunters out here as well. It made me nervous but I knew they would never find us where we were going. Sean was unusually quiet after that and it was honestly freaking me out.

As we walked, I started to recognized our surroundings and soon enough, the old burnt down house came into view.

Sean immediately walked ahead and made his way to the right side of the house. He stopped in what used to be the front lawn of the house and bent down in front of a section of ground that was slightly higher than the ground around it.

I watched curiously as Sean reached down and swept dead leaves away, exposing a small latch that was attached to a board of some sort. I soon realize it was a door and watched as Sean pulled the wooden door up by its latch, revealing a large dark hole that was a passageway. He stayed squatting on the ground and looked up at me.

"You go first." He said in a serious tone without looking up at me.

I looked at him like he was crazy. There was no way I was going in there when I couldn't even see anything down there.

"Trust me Em. It's safe." He said with a reassuring glance. I couldn't help but notice that something was off about him at that exact moment but I shrugged it off, thinking that it was just him being worried.

As I took a cautious step forward, Sean handed me a lighter which I gladly took. I flipped it on and slowly began making my way inside the passageway. The passage was dark and water dripped down from the underground walls, allowing moss to easily grow along the dirt walls. My shoes sunk into the mud covered ground as I took each step.

I could feel a frown forming as I looked at my barely visible surroundings. I kept walking but soon realized how far I had gone. I stopped to see where Sean was. The door was out of sight now and that made me extremely uneasy.

I suddenly jumped as I heard what sounded like the door being shut behind me. As I jumped my finger slipped off the lighter and the flame went out. I instantly began to panic as the darkness consumed me. I frantically began trying to switch the lighter back on but failed miserably. I had already moved too far away from the entrance of the passageway to know how to get back to it.