"Yeah. I'm here." I said.

"Take Emily to the forest now. We wont make it in time." He spoke slowly, obviously dreading the situation.

"Ok." I replied as I looked over at Emily.

A small frown formed on her face as she saw my expression and I shook my head.

"Make sure..." Derek started.

"That I keep her safe. I get it." I interrupted. "She's safe with me."

It was quiet for a few seconds and I could hear his breathing slow.

"I know." He replied flatly but I knew he was serious.

I was surprised at his words because earlier it seemed as if he had no faith in me but now he was saying that he knew I could keep Emily safe.

"About earlier outside the house," he started. "I lost control and..."

"Look, don't worry about it." I chuckled even though I was still shocked that he was going to apologize for trying to snap my neck. "It's the full moon, emotions are going crazy, etcetera. Go and take care of what you need to and get back to the forest as fast as you all can."

I could hear Derek hum in agreement and I took that as good bye. I shut my phone and looked over at Emily. I raised as eyebrow when I saw a little smile across her face.

"What?" I asked.

"Did my ears just deceive me or did I hear Sean and Derek getting along?" She said in a teasing manner even though this wasn't the time for that.

I shook my head and let out a short laugh.

"No." I replied, "I still hate him."

Emily rolled her eyes but then her face suddenly went serious. Her hand went to her chest and her green eyes met mine.

"Emily, what's wrong?" I said as I quickly made my way to her.

"I think its the claw marks," she took a deep, labored breath, "They burn a little."

My eyes widened as I processed what she was saying.

"Is this a sign?" She asked in a panicked tone.

"I am not sure. We need to get moving now." I said as I quickly picked up the large duffle bag I had put next to the door earlier. It contained things that we might need for tonight.

"But what about the others?" She asked, her eyes meeting mine with worry.

"They said to go on without them. They will meet us there as soon as they can."

I could see Emily's body tense as she swallowed hard. She looked terrified.