"I'm sorry, Mrs. Monroe. I ain't mean to say all that .. you just don't understand. I ain't never, EVER got a 'B' in my life. I never knew what one looked like. Can you at least explain to me why I got it?" I told her. She looked up and pushed her glasses to the rim of her nose. She was a lightskinned women, and she was well in her 60's. She looked like she was suppose to have retired a couple years ago.

"I accept your apology, Mr. Aaron. And, I know you're a smart, young man. I know this hurts you as much as it hurts me. and, I'm not joking. I've never had, or seen, a bunch of kids like you, Mr. Lolo, Mr. Robinson, and Mr. Rose. Basketball players and goons, who keep their grades as straight A's. The way your grade dropped was from a recent test you took. I was depressed to put in that grade, Mr. Aaron. Really, I was. You're one of my favorite students, so I'm not going to let this grade affect you. Just stay after school tomarrow to retake the test, and I'll replace your grade." She said, smiling.

She stood up and reached for a handshake, but got a hug.

"Thank you, Mrs. Monroe. You cool people." I said, grabbing my bookbag.

She through up two peace signs, and said, "Really? I always thought I was."

I laughed and walked out the classroom. "Bye, Mrs. Monroe."

----------

I got in my car, and had so much on my mind. I was too stressed out.

Instead of going to Laila's practice, I went home.

I know she hates when I smoke, but I just had too.

I got a fucking 'B' in my class because I always have Laila's safety and basketball on my mind.

I went into my backyard and rolled up the weed. I let my high take over me.

After the blunt was almost gone, I put it out and went inside to get some chips, and a couple of my history books.

I got back in my car, and went to the gym of Falcon High School.

I walked in at the middle of my baby and the rest of her team running up and down the court.

Laila noticed me, winked, and blew me a kiss. I started cheesing real hard. Damn, the shit she do to me, daaaawg!

I went and sat up at the top of the bleachers with my niggas.

"Bout damn time yo ass got here. I had to sit up here listening to Eric kissing all of Tierra, and Quez kissing all on Tammy." CJ said, looking mad. I laughed and gave them all the sup nod, as CJ continued. "Only thing good bout sitting up here is I get to see Starr chest bounce up and down while she run .. damn, look at my girl. Naw nigga, I was just playing. Ion wanna have to kill yo ass, cause --," He stopped talking. "Nigga, why the fuck you smell like weed?" CJ asked.

"Damn, bruh! I forgot to put some cologne on! You got some in your car?" I asked, hesitantly.

"Man, yeah." He said, shaking his head then giving me the keys.

"Thanks, dawg." I said. I went to his car and sprayed alot on me.

I sat back at my seat and watched my baby and her team practice.

----------

After practice was over, I slung Laila's bag over my arm, and walked with her to my car with my arms around her waist.

We waved bye to CJ them, and I put Laila's bag on the passenger side of my car.

"I missed you today, baby." I said, leaning on my car. I pulled her body onto mines, and my hands on her hips.

She put her phone in her pocket, and wrapped her arms around my neck. "I missed you, too."

She kissed me wildly, as if she wanted the D, right there in the open.

I let my hands roam underneath her hooping jersey, before she stopped me. She broke away from me & looked at me, disgusted.

"I'm sorry, baby. You just be leading me on." I said, trying to pull her back on me.

"Naw, nigga. It ain't even that! Why the FUCK you smell like weed?" She asked, almost yelling.

"Man, Laila. Let's talk about it later." I said, trying to pull her back on me once more.

She dodged me and opened the passenger side door, and grabbed her bag. "I ain't got nothing to talk about." She replied, calmly.

"Man, Laila!" I said, grabbing her arm.

"LET ME GO!" She yelled. I released her, and she said, "and, fuck you." She walked over to CJ's car, that was still there.

I got in my driver's seat and sighed. "Fuck my life."