Untitled Part 11

Rogers stared back at Peter in shock. "You want me to what?" He asked incredulously, furrowing his eyebrows at the younger man who only stared back intently, shrugging his shoulders and pursing his lips.

It was Gamora that actually answered him seeing as though Star Lord himself wasn't too keen on their small percentage of a plan. "If we can get you onto that ship, we'll have an inside eye on the situation." She explained, clasping her green hands together tightly with unease.

It wasn't the plan itself that shocked Rogers, in fact, it seemed rather genius to get someone to pose as one of the kidnappers on the Halfworld ship. What shocked him was the fact that they wanted him carrying out the rescue mission. The man who had been involved in the torture of the poor creature for all of those years. It boggled his mind. And by the way the others kept avoiding his gaze, it didn't seem as though they were all too keen on the idea either.

"Listen." Peter started, leaning forward in his seat and ignoring the glare that Gamora shot towards him. "We don't like this plan any more than you do."

"I believe that I like it less than him." The tattooed one stated plainly, his hand still holding the ever present ice pack to the enormous welt at the base of his head.

"So why don't you go in?" He asked. As much as he wanted to prove himself to the raccoon, he knew very well how little of a chance he had in doing so when dressed in those damned white lab coats once again.

"Because I'm going to be busy hacking their ship's mainframe." He explained, gesturing to the holographic map that had been pulled up in front of them, curtesy of Nova. "At the moment, we've got the ship traced back to a planet in this sector." He continued, pointing towards the right corner of the map and enlarging the picture so that the specific area was now the prime focus. "We've already got Nova to contact the three planets in the area and, according to Gamora's intuition, the make of this thing doesn't conserve its fuel well, meaning that it's going to have to land at some point."

"And the moment it does, we'll be notified of its position right away." Gamora added, smiling towards the blue clad corpsman who stood silently behind them.

Rogers knew that he was there to help in getting the Guardian's smallest partner back, and he was thankful for that seeing as though without the Nova forces, doing so would be nearly impossible. However, the unnerving glares the man kept giving him was less than comforting.

"After that, you and I are getting ourselves in where Gamora and I will work on hacking into the ship's mainframe to keep it from lifting off again, and you will find us Rocket using your know how of the Halfworld psychos and alert us once you pinpoint his location." Peter added, gesturing towards the four behind him, the tree man with a still half grown arm and leg nodding back in agreement and giving Rogers a look that he knew meant that if anything went wrong, the seemingly gentle giant wouldn't remain gentle for long.

"Keep us posted on board the ship using these." Gamora said, holding out two earpieces, curtesy of Nova no doubt. Seeing as though Green skin was unfortunately too conspicuous, Gamora was to stay on the Nova ship along with the rest of the team despite her vast knowledge of the ship's interior and mechanics. "Once you're in and Peter has the ship disabled, we'll be able to get in." She finished, gesturing to Drax and Groot who only stared down at the hologram in front of them as though they would actually catch sight of the raccoon if they looked hard enough.

It was absolutely astonishing how much of an impact the escaped raccoon had made on these people, and by the sound of it, the galaxy itself seeing as though Nova had gotten itself involved in the matter. Despite the fact that he shouldn't have made it more than a week on his own, it seemed as though Rocket, as he now went by, had created an entirely new life for himself.