Football Head

Arnold' s p.o.v.

Gerald grabbed my arm as I was talking to my grandpa on the pay phone. I still had a minute. I just let him drag me to the commons. I don't know why, but I'm sure it had to do with Sid finding something. He pulled me through a ton of people in the lunch room. I kept saying sorry to all the people as we passed. He then grabbed my shoulders and placed me behind this girl. Wait, is that really her? She turned her head and it answered my question. I can't believe it's really her.

Helga' s p.o.v.

We stared straight in to each others eyes. I felt my chest tighten. I did the only thing I knew what to do in this situation.

"Hey football head, you look as dorky as ever," I smirked. That was a lie, he looks so much hotter. He has gotten taller and now has more muscles. He is waring a blue tee shirt that shows off his muscles with a red flannel around his waist with dark blue jeans.

"Hey Helga," He said in almost monotone voice. His voice got deeper too. Take me now. He turned his attention to Gerald. "So this is why you stopped my call with my grandpa?" He asked in an annoyed tone.

"Phoebe, can you show me where these classes are?" I asked trying to avoid Arnold, holding up a piece of paper with my schedule.

"In a sec!" She called giving Gerald a hug and again pulled my arm.

She dragged me all around the school showing me the classes. I didn't really pay attention, all I was thinking about was Arnold. I was lost in my thoughts when the bell rung.

"I gotta go! See you later! Good luck!" She shouted as she ran down the hall. She disappeared in the mob of students. I marched around looking for my homeroom my eyes going from the paper to the small signs on the walls. It's a good thing I found it right away, when I sat down the bell rung again beginning class.

Level 1 of hell - Begin! The day went by relatively fast. As I searched for my last period that is when I wound up lost. I looked at the paper. Room 110, room 110! I was starting to lose all hope before I ran into...you guessed it. Football head.

Arnold ' s p.o.v.

I sat in class, first one finished with all the work. I asked if I can go to the library to go study, she said she didn't care and shooed me away. I grabbed my stuff and headed out. This school is old, I noticed the brown spots on the walls eating away at the poor excuse for a ceiling. I hear mumbling coming from the next hallway, my curiosity acted out and I went to investigate. When I turned the corner I saw my old bully standing there reading what must be her schedule.

"Hey, Helga. Are you lost?" I asked about to offer help.

"No. Go read a book or something!" She grumbled. I shrugged and started to walk away.

"Wait! M-maybe I'm a little lost,"she growled. I smiled and walked towards her.

She shoves the paper into my chest actually knocking me back a little. I glare at her and read the paper. Her next class was in room 110, study hall, with Mrs. Galen. I take a quick look at the rest of her schedule. She's in ALL advanced classes?! I hand her back the paper shocked.

"Go down this hallway. Your not missing anything by the way, it's just study hall," I said pointing down the hallway. She stands and thinks for a minute.

"Can you just show me where the library is instead?" She asked after a moment of thinking.

I was already going there, so why not.

"Okay, just follow me, I'm on my way there as well," I said starting to walk towards the library. She speed up to catch up to me. Here it comes.

"So, is this school... okay?" She asks. No what I expected, but whatever.

"It's... fine, but everything is slow,"

When we reached our destination she made a b-line to the history section. She didn't even say thank you. Oh well, I sit down at a table at the far left, my favorite spot, and started to study. By the time I was half way done, I saw Helga in the corner of my eye as she carried a hill books in her arms. Being the gentleman that I am, I rushed over and grabbed half the stack and smiled at her. She rolled her eyes and continued to walk over to the closest desk. I followed and set the books down.

"Hey Helga, your pretty smart," I said while examining the books she picked. These are the hardest books in the library. This school does not have the biggest library.

"Yeah, I am. And the reason I am is because I study, which I'm trying to do now, so if you wouldn't mind..." She waved her hand shooing me away. Oof.

I walk back to the desk and sat down. Why is she so mean to me? I was being nice. Heck, I am always nice to her and she treats me like crap. Why dose she hate me? After a few seconds I feel something lightly press against my face. I turned my head to see my little blue hat, in the hands of Helga.

"You dropped this football head."

I reached to grab my hat and my fingers brush across her soft, thin fingers. I stomach did a back flip. My face became warm, I think I'm blushing. She walks away and grabs her backpack. She looks at her watch and the bell rings. She looks like she is floating put of the library, leaving all her books there. I watched her go with my heart still racing, and my face all red. The librarian walks over to me and asked if I'm alright. I slowly nodded my head as I kept staring at the door like a weirdo.

What the heck was that? What happened? Do I like Helga G. Pataki?