Gabe

Gabriel hates being called Gabe. He has since he was a fledgling and it's no different now. It's gotten so bad that he's physically repulsed from the people who even utter the word. There isn't any bad memory with the name, he just really doesn't like it. At all. And he figures he's allowed to hate it so much, especially when he's billions of years old, and has been called Gabe for most of it.

All of his brothers and sisters make the mistake of calling him that at least once, but they soon learned not to for fear of the wrath from the unpredictable archangel. There were a few though, that weren't scared to call him Gabe, like Lucifer; who always said the name. As much as Gabriel loved his brother he couldn't stand it.

Even the humans call him Gabe. That's why he doesn't personally like them all that much, well he didn't at first. Sure they are special and do cute things sometimes, like keep plants in pots and hold hands, but they call him Gabe and he can't forgive them for that.

He hated anything and everything that uttered the word. Well, at least until he got caught. "Gabriel, okay? They call me Gabriel." The damn Winchesters. But at least when they aren't calling him a douche with wings, they call him Gabriel. Until Sam decided it was too much effort to say his full name and started calling him Gabe. He feels like a hypocrite for liking the way Gabe sounds coming from Sam's mouth. And goddammit if that isn't one of the reasons he died for them. Or at least pretended to die for them.

Gabriel still shudders inside when he hears everyone call him Gabe when they pray for him, but it isn't so bad anymore. Who is he kidding? It's like nails on a chalk board every time. But hearing Sam say it a few times is good enough for him.