Those Three Words

"She's perfect isn't she?" Alex asked Kelley while looking at Tobin walking over to them with her lunch tray. The two were very open about their relationship, neither of them saw any point of hiding and they were pleasantly surprised by the uproar of support they both got from their families and all of their friends at school. But they were both happiest about the team being okay with them being together. They weren't sure how everyone would feel about inner-team dating but everyone, including Coach P, was overwhelmingly happy for the two and always gives them support.

"Lex come on, no mushy, lovey gunk while I'm trying to eat!!" Kelley always joked about their cuteness making her sick. Alex laughed as Tobin sat down next to her, giving her a kiss on the cheek in the process.

"What are we talking about?" Tobin questioned.

"Ohh, I was just telling Alex to cut the mushy crap while I'm trying to eat...that goes for you too, Heath." Kelley chuckled as she took a bite of her sandwich. Alex looked down at her watch.

"Crap! I'm going to be late, I promised Coach I would go and help him get things ready for tonight's banquet. I'll see you later, baby girl. Bye, Kells" Alex gave Tobin a quick kiss before hurrying out of the lunch room.

"You guys are so cute...it makes me want to hurl." Kelley added sarcastically.

"Oh, shut up!"

"How long have you guys been together now?"

"It'll be 6 months next Friday" Tobin smiled wide.

"Have you dropped the "L" word yet?!" Kelley asked curiously.

"No, not yet."

"Why?! You've been telling me for over a month that you're in love with Lex, what are you waiting for?"

"I don't know, I'm nervous...I don't want to rush her at all. I don't want to risk messing anything up with her, Kells...I really love her." Tobin pushed the food around her plate, getting nervous at the conversation. Kelley reached across the table and stopped her.

"Tobs, Alex loves you. Everybody can tell. I think she's just waiting for you. What about tonight?! After the banquet!! It's perfect!"

"Yeah, I was actually thinking about saying it tonight...you're right Kells, I'm going to do it tonight!" Kelley got excited. The school day ended and Alex and Tobin headed back to Alex's house to start getting ready for the banquet that was starting in a couple of hours. Tobin decided that she was going to leave her hair down because she thought it went better with her slim black dress. Alex chose to wear hers up. She finished pinning her hair up and helped Tobin into her dress, making sure she let her hands run over ever muscle of her upper body as she leaned in and kissed the back of Tobin's neck. Tobin shivered and could feel goosebumps forming, she was just about to turn around for a kiss but she felt Alex slip away and heard her bathroom door shut. Tobin was confused as she looked at the bed where Alex's long, black dress was laid out.

"Hey babe, I think you forgot some.........thing..." Tobin's jaw dropped and eyes widened as Alex walked out of the bathroom in a short, skin tight, red dress with black heels. "Tha...that's not what we had picked out..." Tobin stumbled on her words, pointing at the dress on the bed. Alex smiled and walked slowly towards Tobin who was still taken back by how the little red dress hugged Alex in all the right places.

"I know it's not...but I thought this one would look a bit better. Do you agree?" Alex asked while seductively wrapping her arms around Tobin's neck. She knew exactly what she was doing to her. Tobin couldn't seem to muster a sentence together so Alex reached down and put Tobin's hands around her waist and she finally snapped out of her trance. She pulled Alex in and kissed her hard. Alex let out a soft moan which drove Tobin even wilder. Her hands were exploring every inch of Alex's perfect, dress-hugged body. She gently pushed Alex over to her bed and, still keeping her locked in a passionate kiss, laid her down as she lay on top of her. Alex decided she needed to be in control as she grabbed Tobin's arms and in one swift move she flipped her over, straddling her and pinning her arms above her head. Alex went straight for Tobin's neck, gently kissing and biting along her jawline as she moved down to suck on the midfielder's pulse. Tobin let out a slight moan. Things were really getting heated when Alex's mom yelled from the bottom of the stairs.