Closer

The two sat under the bus stop roof for who knows how long going back and forth between talking and kissing...but mostly kissing. Finally Tobin chimed in.

"It's getting pretty late...I should probably get you home."

"Yeah I was thinking the same thing...I was just avoiding bringing it up." Alex said sadly, not wanting to leave Tobin. Everything was too perfect and she didn't want it to end. "Stay with me." Tobin looked confused. "Stay the weekend at my house. This is all too perfect and I don't want you to leave. Please? Everyone's going to be gone for the weekend." Tobin smiled and gave Alex a peck on the cheek.

"There's nothing I want more than to spend the weekend with you, Alex." The two got up and Tobin picked up Alex's umbrella off the ground. "I think you dropped this" Alex blushed and smacked Tobin on the arm. Tobin opened the umbrella and pulled Alex in close by wrapping her arm around her neck. The two got back to Alex's house and when they walked through the front door Alex's mom called out while walking into the room.

"WELL IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME...." She stopped when she realized Alex wasn't alone. "Oh, hi Tobin, I didn't realized you would be with Alex still. Please excuse my language."

"It's no problem Mrs. Morgan, its nothing I haven't heard before." Tobin laughed and so did Alex's mom who wasn't actually mad about Alex coming home late she just wanted to give her a hard time. "Hope it's okay that I'm still here though" the midfielder added.

"Yeah, mom, I was just going to ask if it was okay that Tobin stayed the weekend, I know Jeni and Jeri have camp and that you and dad are going away so I was hoping Tobin could keep me company" Alex asked hopeful.

"Of course she can stay, I think that's a great idea" Alex's mom exclaimed smiling at the girls and walking back into the kitchen. Alex looked back at Tobin and smiled as Tobin leaned in to give Alex a quick kiss on the lips. The two girls made their way upstairs, tired from school and practice they changed out of their wet clothes and Alex gave Tobin a pair of shorts and a shirt to wear.

"You look great in my clothes" Alex giggled.

"Thanks, but U Cal?? Really? Couldn't have found a better school?" Tobin joked tugging at the shorts Alex had given her.

"What?! You're crazy! The University of California, Berkley is my dream college. I'll be applying next fall."

"You'll get in" Tobin said undoubtedly with a smile. "But I'm hoping to get into UNC. That's my dream college."

Alex rolled her eyes and shook her head, giving Tobin a smile as she wrapped her arms around the midfielder's neck and pulled her in for a long kiss. Alex pulled away and crawled into bed under the covers. She lifted up the other side of the blankets and waited for Tobin to climb in next to her. Tobin was nervous to sleep next to Alex because she didn't know what was okay yet. She wasn't sure if Alex would want to cuddle or just go to sleep. She got under the covers next to the beautiful brunette. Her bed smelled exactly like Alex and Tobin was captivated in it but before she knew it Alex reached back, grabbed her wrist and wrapped her arm around her waist, snuggling her back into Tobin's chest. Tobin leaned in and gave Alex a gentle kiss on the back of her neck and closed her eyes.

"I'm really happy you're here, Tobin"

"Me too, Lex...having you in my arms is so perfect. There's nowhere else I would rather be." Tobin squeezed Alex's waist and the two drifted off to sleep.

The next morning Alex's mom woke up early to bring Alex's siblings to camp and get ready for her trip. Before leaving for her trip she went into Alex's room to say goodbye when she noticed the two girls cuddled up in the same position they had fallen asleep in. Confused, but not bothered, a soft smile came across her face when she noticed how peaceful and comfortable Alex looked while sleeping with a slight smile on her face. She took a few steps closer to the girls and lightly placed her hand on Alex's shoulder. Alex stirred softly and opened her eyes. She opened them wider in a sense of panic when she realized it was her mom and that she was still wrapped tightly in Tobin's arms.

"Mom!" Alex whispered loudly, panicking.

"Shhh...it's okay, Alex. Come say bye to your father and I, don't wake Tobin" Alex's mom said in a soothing tone. Alex gently unwrapped herself from Tobin's arms and left the room quietly without waking the sleeping midfielder.

"Mom, I can explain" whispered Alex trying not to let her father hear her.

"Baby girl, you don't have to explain anything. If you're happy, which it looks like you are, then I'm happy and your father will be too, don't worry about him." Her mom always knew exactly what to say to make Alex feel better. Alex smiled and hugged her mom tightly.

"She makes me happy, mom"

"I can tell. Now go say bye to your father quick and get back in bed, I love you, sweetie."

"I love you too, mom. Thank you." Alex ran into the other room and said goodbye to her father. She made her way back into her room and by the time she got there Tobin was stirring awake. Alex quickly crawled back into bed and pulled Tobin in close. "Shhh, I'm right here. Go back to sleep, beautiful." Tobin let out a peaceful sigh and leaned up to give Alex a soft kiss on the lips before drifting back to sleep with her.

Tobin woke up a few hours later and, again, Alex was nowhere to be found. She rolled over and noticed a note on the night stand. "You looked too peaceful to wake. Come to the kitchen." Tobin smiled and her eyes lit up as she read the note. She jumped out of bed and headed downstairs towards the kitchen. All she could smell was bacon. She walked into the kitchen, quietly, to see Alex cooking away while listening to Taylor Swift. Tobin stood in the doorway for a few seconds to watch as Alex danced in place while cooking the bacon. Tobin slipped into the kitchen and snuck up behind the brunette, putting her hands on her waist and softly kissing the back of Alex's neck. Alex jumped slightly to the surprise of Tobin's touch but leaned her head to the side, exposing her neck further to Tobin's kiss. Tobin took that opportunity to gently run her teeth across her neck. Alex shivered. "If you keep doing that we're never going to get to eat this delicious breakfast I made us..." she whispered seductively, glancing back at Tobin who immediately blushed.

"It smells delicious, baby girl, what's on the menu?" Tobin asked excited because no one's ever gone to such lengths for her before.

"Waffles and bacon! The waffles are staying warm in the oven while I finish up the last of this bacon. It'll be ready in about 5 minutes!" Alex loved making breakfast for Tobin; she could tell that she really appreciated it from the way her eyes lit up as she leaned in to kiss her. Alex finished up the last of the bacon and fixed two plates for the both of them. The two sat and enjoyed their breakfast together while talking about how amazing last night was.

"Sleeping in your arms, last night was perfect, Tobin." Alex blushed.

"You're perfect" Tobin rebutted quickly causing Alex to blush harder. Then she got serious.

"My mom caught us this morning..." Alex said softly. Tobin coughed hard, nearly chocking on her orange juice.

"WHAT?! Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry, I didn't even hear her come in or I would have moved or something, I..." Alex interrupted her panic.

"HEY! Tobs, shhh. She's not mad."

"She's not?"

"No, she said as long as I was happy, which she could see I was, then she's happy. She's fine with it as long as it's what I want and what makes me happy...which it is." She reached over and took Tobin's hand, bringing it up to her lips, kissing it gently. "This is what I want. You're what I want Tobin." Tobin reached over and caressed Alex's cheek.

"You are everything I've ever wanted Alex Morgan." Alex leaned in and kissed Tobin passionately then got down on one knee, confusing Tobin.

"Tobin Heath...will you be my girlfriend?" Tobin smiled wide and blushed hard.

"I would love nothing more than to be your girlfriend, Alex." Alex got up and sat on Tobin's lap, kissing her deeply. The two separated, not wanting to rush anything, and cleaned up their breakfast mess. They spent the most amazing weekend together. They went for walks, out to dinner, watched movies and cuddled. Both girls were falling and falling fast.