Chapter 4 - Remorse

I peered around the corner as I saw my friends beginning to lose their original shape. Today, they were coming back and were being remodeled, and they were happy about it. The Toys were taken away and scrapped, partly because the damages that were done to them costed more than they were worth. Served them right, I thought to myself. Even Marionette was taken away, and this place was run by Fredbear. It still just didn't seem right to call him "Golden Freddy," although that was the title he preferred. They had made improvements to the others, such as Bonnie got his face and arm back, Chica got her hands back and Freddy reclaimed his eye and top-hat. All of them had a more softer appearance, such as: Freddy got darker and he was shorter than before, but now he looked friendlier than before. Bonnie was shorter as well, but he kept his eye color and now he had a lighter muzzle, a black nose and a new arm. Chica's beak no longer looked weird on her, and her body was shorter as well, but still didn't look very feminine. Ah, well, the children will just have to figure that out. Foxy was looking better as well, but he was badly damaged when we finished off the toys. He was functional now, but the humans just gave up and kept him looking somewhat the same. I thought it looked more authentic with the holes and scratched hook.

I had been slightly damaged as well. Part of my left ear had been torn off, making it shorter than the right. The suit around my feet was completely gone, and a parts of my fingers were missing. I was also gaining a few more cracks and holes on my body, and my suit was beginning to get a little discolored, along with my bow-tie falling apart. I missed the days when I was brightly-colored and shiny. But that was over now.

Finally the humans left for the night, and us animatronics were free to move around. It had been a few years since the whole battle, during which the Toys had reawakened and we had to fight them again. But, of course, we won. Without their leader, their morale had been demolished. Now, it was their turn again, and it was time to reactivate. The place had been remodeled along with the animatronics, and a lot of changes had been made to it. I searched my mind for any memories about Fredbear's Family Diner, but everything was hazy. Bonnie's sudden voice snapped me back to reality. 

"Wow, look at this place! It looks much smaller than the last one." He pointed out. He was right. They were on the stage with the lame background, and a few tables sat in the room. A room to the left of the stage was backstage, where the spare parts were. The party room split up into two hallways, the left one holding the bathrooms and kitchen, and then the right one, holding the storage closet where I was, and the long hallway. Both halls led into the Security Room, where the night guard would watch the animatronics. The room I was in had remained the same since the original restaurant.

"Yeah, it kind of does, doesn't it? Not as many colors as the last place." Freddy added. Chica looked at her new hands.

"I love being the main characters again. I hated having to be shoved into the back all of the time." she said. She then looked up at me as I walked in, and noticed what she had just said.

"N-Not that it's that bad, though! I could've handled it." she said quickly, trying to cover it up.

"It's alright, Chica. My time has passed here. I can never be the main attraction again, but it was nice while it lasted. You guys enjoy your time in the limelight." I said. Limelight was a word I've been wanting to use forever.

"Well, if you say so, Spring Bonnie..." Chica muttered. Freddy just looked at her, then faced me.

"Wish you could've been restored. We have no idea what you looked like during Fredbear's Family Diner." he said. I smiled sadly at him.

"I can show you. Hang on..." I said, holding up one finger. I reached into my suit, and pulled out a small poster that I stole from the wall when I was still on the stage.