13

After Jake had left that night, august And Vanessa checked on me everyday. I reassured them I was okay. Other people would've bawled their eyes out, but how could I do that if I wasn't in love with him anymore. I changed up the whole house and made sure his scent was out of my house. I threw away sheets and repainted most of the rooms. I felt like I was free and was able to do me again. Obviously my mom or his didn't know we was going to have a divorce. I heard a knock on my door remembering august wanted me to stay the weekend with his family. I was very scared because I was willing to tell them how me and august met. If they don't like me, they don't. I opened the door and august walked in picking me up. I smiled laughing.

"You ready" he asked putting me down. I nodded grabbing my bags but he took them out of my hand. I smiled holding his hand as we walked out the house. I locked the door up and walked to his car. I saw a car pull up and I instantly knew who car it was.

"Shit" I mumbled as august closed his trunk.

"Why are you here jake, it's been almost a week" I said.

"Who the hell is that" he asked pointing at august. I was gonna speak but he did instead.

"Someone who took your spot" he said helping me inside the car. I felt so relieved august was here. I heard the car pull off. He looked at me as he got in.

"I got you" he said kissing my hand before pulling out. as we drove in silence I decided to break it not because it was awkward.

"What's your mom like?" I asked.

"I guess you can say she is a little outgoing. Oh and she'll definitely ask you questions. Don't worry she gonna like you" he said. I nodded as the drive to his mom house continued. I heard the whole family was down this week because it was a family reunion or whatever. He parked along the side because of all the cars that were lined up.

"Ready"

"A little bit" I said. I kissed my lips before getting out. My nerves got to me and I started counting to 10 to calm myself down. I don't know why I was so nervous. I just wanted a good impression since August meant something to me. He helped me out and we walked to the door. He used his key opening it up.

"We you bee-- oh you brought your girlfriend with you" a shorter lady came towards us that look and had a heavier accent as august.

"Yea momma and I guess you could say sue was my girlfriend" he said. She looked me over and you know I decided to hug her since my family never like to give out handshakes.

"I guess she got the memo we don't shake hands round here, what's your name sweetie" she asked.

"Adriana" I said.

"That is really a beautiful name, y'all come in na" she said. I smiled as we walked in.

"Can I help you cook" I asked.

"I was just gonna ask you that, go ahead and put your bags up then come to the kitchen for me when yo all settled. Take your time we ain't cooking the big stuff till later on" I nodded as we walked upstairs.

"Which one is your room" I asked.

"Right there baybeh" he said. I nodded tossing my bag on the floor beside his closet. I felt light kisses on my neck making me turn around. He kept on knowing how I feel when he do this.

"August not in yo moms house" I mumbled trying to contain my words.

"We not about to, I like teasing you " he said as his hands resting on my waist underneath my shirt.

"Ughhh, you always do shit like that" I said. He chuckled looking at me.

"Is ya mad" he said. I rolled my hands pushing him off me.

"I'm going downstairs" he pulled me back to him landing his lips on mine.

"I'm sorry" he said between kisses. I smiled Pulling away.

"I know what you're trying to do" I said as we walked out.

"Is it working" he asked.

"Yea I believe so" I said laughing. Today is actually going pretty well.
---------------
"So tell me how you and august met" his mom asked as we walked down the aisles in the store.

"Well I'm actually his teacher" I said. She nodded.

"So you're the one who helped him with his grades" she asked.

"Yes I was his tutor every morning " I told her. She smiled.

"Thank you so much. His grades didn't start dropping until he went out with that fast girl who name was Taylor' she said. I chuckled.

"Really I was teaching her " I said.

"Now I know you wasn't single Ms. Adriana" she said. I put a couple sodas in the cart.

"I was actually married but um it wasn't as much of a success. " I said.

"So your divorce" she asked.

"Well I'm getting divorce" I said.

"Everyone has a story and I understand your situation. I don't judge" she said smiling. I was super happy she wasn't judging.
---------------
How was the chapter.

Comment and vote

~BR££