Reincarnated

++++++++++++

Reincarnated

++++++++++++

Reviewed by: maddyandcurly

A colorful story filled with intrigue and adventure, and a cover to match. One chapter is all you need to be drawn into this story. The characters are complex, though sometimes contradictory to other characters' descriptions of them.

But that just adds another layer of intricacy, doesn't it?

Brutal descriptions pull the reader in, and the unique point of view humanizes each character in a very short amount of time. As a fellow fantasy writer, I have to admire songist's world building. It's stunning and easily achieved without too much information dumping. The plot is fast-paced and leaves the reader hungry for more. I have to admit, I can't wait for the next chapter! So many questions, so many places this story can go! Not for those looking for a quick read, as the first chapter is quite lengthy.

It's totally well worth the time, though!

Description:

Lucian Roux is a youth cursed as the reincarnation of the infamous Morpheus-the ancient god that destroyed the Heavenly Pillars. Access to heaven and to earth was attainable solely by the pillars that bound the worlds together, and he was the entity that severed the pathway. Labeled as an outcast, the boy is continuously abused by his drunken father, nurturing hatred towards his unfortunate fate.

In a desperate attempt to survive, he flees from the village of Caelum-claiming the titles of both a traitor and a criminal-charged with a crime that he didn't commit. He embarks on a journey to the Terras Kingdom in search of answers, regarding the Aegis's prophecy and the truth about himself. Along the way, he's greeted with the bonds of two unlikely friendships, the trials of the Elders, and the creeping darkness within. And with danger lurking at every corner, he might find that clearing his name is nothing short of impossible.