Chapter 8. Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This

Start from the beginning

She sighed, "you know I hate big gatherings, why can't we just do what we always do? Lock ourselves in the library and study that silly book! Its been on my mind the whole day."

Nodding his head, Edmund leaned down to her ear, "meet me in the library in five minutes."

The dance ended and he let go of her hand, his fingers lingering on hers a little. They separated and Angelina made her way to the table where all the girl were, "I am feeling a bit tired, I think I will call it a night." She smiled at them, her heart beating with excitement for what was to come. This time they could read more of the book, find out more about her destiny and the destiny of the entire land. 

"Are you sure? I heard the Telmar Prince wanted to dance with you!" Susan pointed at the handsome young man who was talking to Caspian.

"Oh no I have danced too much already," she turned around and started walking, begging that no one would follow.

As she was nearing the staircase that leads up to the third floor of the castle, she leaned down to take off the heels Lucy provided for her. The sensitive skin of her foot hit the cold stone of the stairs and she raced up. Then she stopped in the middle of the staircase realizing she had about twenty more steps to go and she was already out of breath. Throughout the rest of the way, she took off her jewelry one by one.

Edmund was already there, pacing around the large room. He was thinking about something and Angelina couldn't help but smile at how concentrated he looked. She knocked on the library door and entered. He turned around, his features brightening up the second she walked in. Skipping over the pile of books on the floor towards her, Edmund held the old book in his hands and opened it.

"I took the liberty of looking at some of the pages and I think I found something interesting." Opening the book he pointed at the picture in it. "This is Aslan, and next to him is you."

Taking the book out of his hands she looked at it intently. There was no doubt that it was her since it was even titled with her name under the picture. She tilted her head to the side, taking in the new information. There was a magical Lion in this land who could make everything better, who could help her save Narnia.

"I'm not sure if I should feel scared or excited at this moment, we are getting closer and closer to the answers." Edmund joked.

Angelina smiled, "it's me in the picture. I am supposed to do something, and what is this light?"

Edmund turned around and shrugged his shoulders. For the first time, he didn't know how to explain something to her, for he himself didn't know how to understand it.

Sighing, she sat down on the floor and he joined her, "still there is a page missing. We need to do more research."

A small giggle escaped his lips as he watched her stretch her legs out on the cold floor in an evening gown. Other girls would never treat their dresses in such a manner. They cared about the way they looked too much. Angelina didn't. She cared about the task that was ahead of her, he saw dedication and determination in her demeanor.

He tried his hardest to find answers in the many books about Narnia. Soon enough, the moon grew deeper into the sky and the night was turning into the morning. Closing his eyes for a few minutes, Edmund dozed off into a sleep.

In his dream, he felt strange as if it was a mixture of reality, or perhaps his subconscious. He was standing in the middle of a magical Narnian forest, blue flowers growing from every possible corner of the forest. Angelina was walking around the forest, hiding behind every tree. Her hair was down, flowing around in the wind. She smiled at him as she peeked from behind one of the trees. Edmund furrowed his eyebrows instead.