Chapter 5

Hi! Long time no see! I'm so x100000 sorry for not posting in so x100000 long. I hope y'all can forgive me, I'll get back on my regular schedule with  my Twilight books and others. I love you all my little blood suckers!

~Nikki

The sky hung low as the orange and pink dusk struck its way across the horizon, it was much more intense and beautiful now that I could see it for real. The hills were scattered with tall pines and white aspens, there was a bird's nest in one of the oak trees and the mother was sitting with her babies as they chirped happily. I felt arms go around my waist as I stood on the porch, experiencing the full length of nature's beauty.

"You've been out here for a while, are you thirsty Aura?" murmured the sweet southern twang I adored, he buried his face into my neck as I leaned back into his velvet touch. 

"Parched, we never got to go on a hunt. I got kinda distracted when I found out I could be the next Super Woman." I joked as I rolled my eyes, he chuckled lightly and placed a light kiss on my neck before I walked down the steps and extended my hand for him to take. He took it gladly and our fingers interlocked together like two pieces of a puzzle that would never fit until now. I giggled then took off running.

The trees blurred and the ground spread out beneath me, my legs felt nothing as I sprinted through the darkening forest. It felt like a roller coaster yet without the feeling of bile in the back of your throat. I heard light feet hit the ground a little farther behind me, I squealed as I pushed myself to run faster. The flowers popped as I reached the separation of  the two cliffs I was running on, without a second thought I smiled wickedly and jumped. I soared through the brisk air and landed with ease on the other side. I felt a rip come from the tight dress I had been wearing, thanks for that Alice. My bare feet rested in the soft grass as I heard two feet land behind me, I turned and caught Jasper in my arms as he lightly stumbled over to me. I giggled at the contradictory, how it was always the girl who was caught by the boy. How the tables have turned.

I giggled as I stared up into his now liquid coal eyes, his smile filled his features as he wrapped his arms around my waist. I was about to lean my head on his chest when my nose was filled with the scent of fresh blood, it smelt like fresh steak on the grill. My mouth filled with venom as I let my instincts take over and my feet carried me to the buffet. I rounded the corner and my eyes lit up like a kid on Christmas day. Two black bears stood in the middle of a clearing, a low growl emitted from my throat as I crouched into a predatory stance. My eyes darkened to an almost black as my eyes drank up the creatures that would be my next meal.

I lunged suddenly and soared through the air and onto the back of the bear, it reared up into defense but I wrapped my arms around its neck and buried my face in the layer of fur until I reached the skin which I bit into. My teeth sunk into the skin like a butter knife through wet clay, I sucked and the warm nectar filled my mouth as I let the venom flow through the bear's body. Within seconds the body was drained and I tossed the lifeless carcass to the side as the second bear charged at me. A smile that could scare the joker overtook my face as I crouched and lunged again. The same process happened, and as I released the carcass I saw Jasper standing  a little behind me. His mouth hung slightly agape as I wiped the back of my hand across my mouth to remove the blood that had escaped.

"Got an issue Whitlock?" I teased as I looked down to his now tight pants, he cleared his throat and if a vampire could blush he would be as red as a fire truck. I giggled and walked over and placed my hand on his chest, "I can fix that." I whispered, I smirked at the shock that filled his features.

"YOU GOTTA CATCH ME FIRST DARLIN!" I shouted as I took off running, I heard the light footsteps push behind me. Now it's a game of cat and mice, Spoiler.. I'm not the mouse..