Chapter 1

Stiles's Pov

I sit on the dingy, old couch in our living room, that is near to falling apart. My dad is sitting beside me with a bottle of Jack Daniels in his hand while he watches ESPN. Every year on June 23, the day my mom died, we always do the same thing. We watch TV,my dad usually ends up passing out and having a hangover in the morning. I always go up to the attic and look through some of her things that she left me and my dad. I grab the Jack Daniels from my dad and he looks upset when I take it from him, but he just turns off the TV and goes up the stairs to his room, with a dazed look on his face. I put the Jack Daniels in the cupboard and walk up the stairs. Once I get up the stairs I go up to the attic. I sneeze a few times before I can even get to the box of things my mom left us. I wipe the dust off it an open it up. I look at the ring my mom had told me to give to some lucky girl. Her necklace that she always wore on special occasions. Then, I look at a picture of her, my dad, and me. It brings tears to my eyes, and I let them fall to the ground, wetting the dirty brown wooden floors. In the picture it was my birthday and my mom and my dad were standing on both sides of me, waiting for me to blow out my candles. There were four candles indicating how old I was. I put the little box that held all the things, that still remain of what she left me. Most of her things were in the other boxes in the attic, however, they were mostley stuff of my dads and my moms, so I left it alone. I get up and straighten out my clothes and begin to leave. I accidently hit a box with my foot, that was near the back of the room. A bunch of papers fall out from the box. I scoop the papers back up and go through them to make sure they are facing the right way. Most of the papers just were old papers from my past years at school. Some say A+ or something about being sent to the nurses office or to the principals office. Some old mail and some random papers. One had fell out and landed a few feet away I went and grabbed it. I turned it over and it said, "NOTICE OF INTENT ND DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES CHILDERN AND FAMILY SERVICES-ADOPTION." Adoption why would my dad and mom have a form for adoption. Then I read the next line and I freeze.
"Date of Birth: 4-18-97." I gulped and my eyes widened.
"Child's Name: Genim Stilinski." I grabbed the paper and left the attic.