"Are you okay?" Pietro asked rubbing her shoulder, knowing that that made her feel better.

"What did they do to you?" Wanda asked.

Alice simply wrung her head from side to side, again tears flowing down her cheeks. There was blood stains all over the shirt she wore and her pigment had changed from fair to a now tinged green.

Every two days Alice would be taken to complete her enhancements and then return to the cell for another two. Each time she became distinctly worser for wear. Weaker, tired and silent. In the nights she stayed in the cell, Pietro would stay awake and listen to her cry. Every night she cried herself to sleep, repeating the words 'I want to go home..." in hiccoughs.

One night she couldn't get to sleep, she sat with her back against the wall, her head in her knees. She looked up to find Pietro was looking down at her. She quivered with fear. "Pietro..."

"Shhh... Don't be scared. I'll protect you, we are going to be fine. You need to trust me. Trust me, Alice." He hushed and rubbed her arm to comfort her.

"Why do you help me?" She sniffled and wiped away her tears.

"Because I li-" he never finished that sentence, and she was never going to hear it because she had already fallen asleep in his arms.

It was the last day before her final enhancement, Wanda was already being experimented on and in the cell it was just Pietro and Alice. She lied on the ground, in a deep sleep. Probably the best sleep she had in a long time. Pietro slowly crawled over to her and rubbed her shoulder before waking her.

"Alice, you don't look okay..."

"I want to go home..."

"Then go home." Pietro whispered holding her hands in his.

"How?" She sobbed and her head fell into his shoulder. They stayed still for a while.

Pietro lifted her head up and cupped her cheeks with his hands. "Once you've been enhanced escape, run, go find your family."

"What about you? And Wanda?" She cried her eyes full of tears.

"It's okay, we want this, but when we're allowed out... We'll come find you..."

"Promise..." She smiled, wiping away her tears.

"Promise." He leaned in and gently pressed his lips against hers.

~~~

The sirens wailed, H.Y.D.R.A soldiers ran about everywhere. Alice had been fully enhanced. She was taken to a new cell. But she wasn't going to stay there. When one of the soldiers passed by Wanda and Pietro, Pietro asked what was going on. Were they under attack?

"Subject 1 has gone rogue, we are to bring her back here and decide whether or not we are to kill her." The soldier reported and ran off a gun in his hands.

Panic flowed through Pietro's veins, were they going to kill her? It had been a year since the enhancements begun, and he only had one more operation before he could use his new abilities. As did Wanda.

No one ran by their cell and they watched in panic. What was going to happen? Then out of nowhere a white glow filled the room in front of them. There stood Alice her hair flying, her eyes glowing white. She walked up to their old cell.

"Come with me!" She beckoned, opening the door and gesturing them to come to her.

"No we will come find you when we too are enhanced. Run! Go!" Pietro yelled at her, they wouldn't be able to last long due to all the operations they were greatly weakened.

"But-" Alice sank to the floor.

"I'll find you, I promised, I love you..." He kissed her passionately and pushed her out the door, then closed it putting a barrier between them. "Go!"

~~~

Strucker entered their cell. He told Wanda and Pietro it wouldn't hurt, it was just a necessary precaution so their enhancements wouldn't rage like Alice's. He placed the contraption on their heads. Flicked the switch. Blank