Parents night out

I stand in our closet in front of the full length mirror admiring my outfit. The way my dress hugs my curves and lays just above my knees. How the black fabric has a nude outline in the front, and even some lace around my chest. An impulse buy last week, but so far I'm loving it.

I strap on my heels, that of course match perfectly, put on some light makeup, and straighten my hair before I hear footsteps reaching me.

"You look amazing." Brad walks up behind me wrapping his arms around my waist. I turn around just enough so I can kiss him.

"When are we leaving?" I finally ask after a few minutes of kissing. I love the little time like this we get together when the kids are away.

"Your parents are on their way." He kisses my neck knowing that makes me go weak "We actually have about 20 minutes..." He lets his hands roam around my body.

I kiss him for a few seconds letting him enjoy it, then slowly break away "Babe, we can't right now. They'll know." He reluctantly lets go of me and we walk downstairs to wait for my parents to arrive. However, the 20 minutes of sitting on the couch turns into a steamy make out session. He can't ever keep his hands off of me when he knows we have to be somewhere.

"You guys look happy," Sherry smirks as Brad and I get in the back of the car "Something happen?"

"We have a whole day without the kids." I laugh at how that must sound. "I actually got to pee by myself today." Parenthood is fun.

Everyone laughs and we continue to drive to the premier. Brad and my dad worked together on an independent movie with a few other people, and our production company produced it. The two of them have this really amazing bond like they're really father and son, and I love it. They start to talk about something to do with the movie and Sherry and I just wait quietly not wanting to try to understand, or ruin their conversation.

Brad, me, Sherry and my dad. We stand in that order listening to paparazzi yelling out our names trying to get pictures of us. We all turn our heads at the same time trying to let everyone get what they want. It's almost like we're robots because of how we move.

We separate and each get pictures with each other. Since we're just here for support, Sherry and I try to just stay in the back and let Brad and my dad do the talking. We stand together and get a few pictures of us smiling, then a few of us acting like our normal selves. I love how our relationship ship is. She's always been someone I could count on, and one of my greatest supporters. She's also an amazing grandma to my children, and I couldn't ask for anymore than that.

"I know you guys want to leave all the interviews for your husbands, but if I could please ask one question?" A very nice interviewer walks up to Sherry and I. I look at her and we both nod, letting the interviewer ask.

"What's it like for the two of you to see them working together? Have they always been this close?" Two questions, but they're good.

"John loved Brad the first time Jen brought him home. They definitely both liked each other right away, so it's great now to see them put that to use and work together."

I take a few seconds to think about Sherry's answer before giving mine, "You could definitely tell that they liked each other right away, and they still talk all the time. They text each other too, and it's really great to see how well they get along. I think that doing this movie proves that."

The interviewer thanks us, then walks away towards Brad and dad leaving Sherry and I alone again.

"So, how have the kids been?" She asks, carefully choosing words. We're standing around hundreds of reporters, so we have to be extremely careful about what we say.

"They've been good." I smile just thinking about them "Ally likes her preschool, and Catie's been having fun at her school. Josh still doesn't wanna leave my side." We both laugh at this. He's been attached to me since the day he was born, but I wouldn't change it.

I sit watching proudly as Brad and my dad talk about the movie. They're both so happy to have worked with each other on something, and now to see what its become. The movie they worked on is great, and it really shows their talent and shows that working together really brings out the best in their friendship.

"... and thank you to my mother-in-law, Sherry and wife, Jen for supporting us. If you two wouldn't have been there to help with the kids, or just keep us sane while we worked on this project non stop we wouldn't have the chance to be here right now." They get off the stage soon after and take their seats next to us waiting for the movie to start.

Brad wraps his arm around me and I lean in laying my head on his shoulder. I don't care that there are 100 other people here right now, or that my parents are right next to us. All I care about is supporting my amazing husband, and getting to spend some time with him.

"Thank you, for being here, and for encouraging me to do this." He whispers about halfway through the movie.

I look up at his smiling and lean in to kiss him quickly "Anytime, babe. I love you."

"I love you, too." He kisses my forehead and we continue to watch the movie in silence. Moments like these make me feel like we're the only people in the world.